Closer (Part 24)- house in the suburbs

Hi loves! Quick recap because the last chapter gave a lot of information. We met Jays brother Matteo who's still in the mafia business with his dad. Jay somehow tries to leave that lifestyle hence by coming to Ohio. His mother is in fact not drug addicted but in prison due to the mafia business. Jay lied to Ella to keep her away from everything but it was already too late for that once Matteo tracked her down.

This next chapter will be in JAYS POV so you guys can see what hes thinking:) Bear with me haha

ENJOY

btw im listening to old Jesse Mccartney songs while writing this. Beautiful soul, anyone?;D

-----------------------------------------------------

Jay's POV

Being back in the city makes me feel a whole new level of paranoia, especially after just leaving  out of the blue. It also didn't help that Ella had gotten on the same plane as me, making the paranoia and worry even worse. It screwed up everything that I had planned. The plan was to go to New York over the weekend on a different flight as her, and discuss things with my father. I expected Ella to take a flight a day after me, since her auditions were on Monday.

I also didn't expect fate to put us on the same plane. I mean there are 4 flights a day from Cincinnati to New York. What were the fucking odds that she would take the same flight? The plan was to go to New York and tell everyone I was in Florida. There was no way I would've allowed myself to run into Ella and get her caught up in my shit. Too late for that.

But, as soon as I saw her on that plane I felt the selfish part of me get excited. She was the one and only person I always wanted to see, and the only one who put this nasty part of me to the back of my mind. The Mafia part of me.

She made my heart ache when she looked at me with those bright hopeful hazel eyes, while asking me if I wanted to stay at her hotel. I wanted to so god damn bad. But, then the worry  took over me. The worry that they would use the girl seen with me, the most beautiful girl in the world, against me.  That's why I tried to stay away from her at all times.

I realized I couldn't do that. I couldn't leave the girl alone in New York, especially with all the danger around the city, danger that my family is guilty of. That's why I decided  to meet her tonight in the city and show her around. Hell, I know I wanted to be with her.

Matteo would've found her with or without me next to her. That's why I'm back in New York. They have that power over me.

"Jay," her soft voice whispers, breaking me away from my thoughts. Maybe for the better, I tell myself as I look at my hands, gripping the life out of my wheel. "Where are we going?"

I glance over to the petite passenger sitting next to me. She looks stunning tonight with her curled hair and bright red lips. I didn't take the advantage of looking at her enough tonight,  since I  was ashamed of her reaction of my mafia family.

"To my house," I shrug. Her eyes widen at the words and I can't help but chuckle. "Not my familys house. My own private house. Don't worry"

Like I would be crazy enough to take her there. She would get a literal heart attack.

I'm taking her to the most secure spot on the outskirts of New York. There, I can keep her safe due to the fact that there's top secret surveillance and weapons. Weapons, I seriously don't hope I have to use, but if needed I will.

My family is also not stupid enough to immediately cause a scene before I speak to them face to face. It's not fun for them anyways. Like the symbolic lion of our family name we like to tease our prey before we pounce on them. That's what's most fun, or so they say.