Closer (Part 48)- winter smoke

Sorry for the long wait for a new chapter, loves!

RECAP:

Ella and Seth broke up. Seth cheated on Ella 2 years ago in New York and kept it from her. This wasn't the real reason for them breaking up. But, it came out during the break up. 2 months later, Ella finally allowed herself to kiss Jay. In the last chapter, Seth begged Ella to be at least friends again and Jay drove her to school on a Harley.

Heads up, the setting is in Bay Village, Ohio (a rich district near the big city of Cleveland).

ENJOYYYY!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The weekend's arrival makes every step I take down the stairs look like I'm going to Disneyworld. I'm more than excited to be away from school where I can't feel trapped or run into Seth. The weekend also meant properly seeing Jay, who I was always craving to be around.

As I enter the kitchen, I go to my secret drawer where I hide Poptarts from my mother, hearing my stomache grumble. She didn't want anything processed in the house. She said it wasn't good for a dancer and that I would thank her when I was older for my body.

I definetly wasn't going to.

It's the clearing of a throat that startles me as I turn away from the cabinet.

It's the chief herself. Mom, sitting at the table near the backyard door with a coffee mug in front of her and glaring eyes.

They shift from me to the Poptart in my hand and I see an even bigger frown evolve on her face. Quickly, I drop the Poptart on the table and open my mouth to say something before she can.

"Mom, I didn't know you were still home," I tell her baffeld.

"My meeting got canceled. Perfect timing actually because we need to talk immediately," she remarks, tapping the mug with her finger tips.

"What is it-?" I start, but get quickly interupted by her sharp voice.

"Council woman Lea Sawyer claims she saw you riding on a motorcycle the other day". I feel my stomach drop as I hear the words come out of her mouth. "I told her she must've gotten the wrong girl because our Elle would never hop on a motorcycle and embarrass us like that," she finishes, pursing her lips.

She glares at me, waiting for an answer but I'm frozen to say anything to her. When it came to her talking about reputation, I couldn't seem to fight for myself.

"You know that your father and I are very well known in Bay Village. I cover most of the cases here and your father most of the surgeries".

"I know that," I tell her.

"Then, why on God's Earth would you get on a motorcycle with that boy?" she exclaims, wailing her arms in the air.

It's the way she says boy that strikes a nerve in me.

"Jay," I spit out, balling my fists. I have this forceful instinct to protect him at all costs.

"What?"

"That boy has a name and it's Jay," I reply.

"I don't care. You are not to see him again," she warns getting up with one of her hands on the table.

"You don't even have a good reason," I snap.

"You're supposed to be with Seth. Seth never made you do these kinds of things. You and Seth had a future. That's a good boy. But, here you are hopping over to the next guy, some deliquent on a motorcycle. He's changed you for the worse,"