Closer (Part 55)- graduation

Ella's POV

I had always wished for highschool to be over fast. Now, on graduation day, it felt bittersweet. The people that I had grown up with since kindergarden would all be going their own ways and making new friends on their new path. Today, we were one last happy family.

I glance over at Yazmin who's sitting beside me with tears  flowing down her face as Stacey Hicken's gives the last senior speech. My hand goes over to squeeze hers while my eyes also start to tear up.

"We have achieved one stepping stone on the path to greatness. I wish all of my fellow students a sucessful future as we go on our ways and into the adult world. Congrats guys! We did it," Stacey squeals at the end of her speech, clapping her hands in excitement. The crowd of students start to scream while the countdown starts for us to throw our caps in the air. A moment I have been excited about since middle school.

"4,3,2,1!" I chant with my senior class. I feel goosebumps as all the caps fly into the air together into the bright clear blue summer sky. We all jump out of our seats and hug one another. I am euphoric as I crush into Yazmin.

"We did it, girl!" she screams, shaking my shoulders.

I giggle at her excitement as Violet runs up to us, joining in on the hug.

"We are officially no longer high school students, bitches," Violet says, throwing her arms on each one of us. We walk together towards Toby and Jay who are giving each other a bro hug while laughing.

As soon as Toby sees Violet, he jogs up to her and lifts her in the air while kissing her. I hear a small aww coming out of my mouth as I watch them. Then, I turn to my Prince Charming who makes his way towards Yazmin and I.

He first goes to Yazmin and hugs her. "I'm glad I met you Yazmin. Its been an honor having classes with you," he smiles. My heart melts that he went to her first so she wouldn't feel like the fifth wheel in our group. However, her girlfriend Jess was somewhere around here.

"Aw stop it, Jones," she answers playfully while slapping him on the chest lightly. A few seconds later, she turns serious. "No, for real dude, you were a good addition to the group. And you better take care of Elle in New York!"

Jay's chocolate brown eyes meet mine. "She's in good hands, Yaz. Believe me," he solemnly promises to her.

"Good," she replies. "I'll be back. I'm going to look for Jess. But I'll see you guys anyways at the party tonight right?"

"Yeah," I nod. "We'll be there!"

Yazmin gives us a quick wave goodbye as she disappears into the crowd to find her lover.

I feel a calloused firm hand grab my delicate one and pull me away towards some trees.

"I wanted to see you for a second privately before we go back into the crowd," Jay grins before kissing my forehead sweetly.

He looks stunning. But why am I surprised? It's Jay for crying out loud. His graduation gown is open which exposes the expensive black clean cut suit he's wearing.

I realize his fingers are reaching for the zipper of my gown. "Wh- what are you doing?" I stutter as his finger brush over the sensitive skin of my décolleté.

"I just wanna see your dress," he chuckles. He eyes meet mine to see them full of lust. I'm completely out of it since I was thinking about dirty things. "I'll take off your dress later though if you want," he winks.

I let out a breath and wack him on the chest. He continues to laugh and zips down the gown to expose what I'm wearing. Violet picked out a satin white dress for me. It has silver glittered straps and a slit. She did my hair so it fell it beautiful long waves. Needless to say that I felt like a movie star in this look.