Closer (Part 27)- harsh reality

Authors Note- Slyvester Stallone will play the role of Jay's father.

Matteo leads us into the all gold decorated living room. I have to stifle a gasp from the beauty of the room. Are those Van Gogh paintings? I look over to the far right corner of the room which reveals a mini bar, and a maid cleaning the marble granite counters. The maid is tiny like me and around the age of fifty. She gives Jay a warm smile who gives her one in return.

Looks like he's fond of one person in this house.

Matteo plops on one of the white leather couches, making himself comfortable in his home. Jay and I, on the other hand, decide to stand in the middle of the room.

"Aren't you glad to be  back fratello?" Matteo asks, with an amused expression on his face. He just loves to tease the shit of out his little brother.

"Yeah, I'm jumping from joy," Jay spits.

Matteo opens his mouth to give what I can guess is another provocative comment, but is stopped by the sound of footsteps approaching the living room. I realize that he immediately cuts the crap and pulls himself together for the person coming into the room.

In a matter of seconds, we are met face to face with a man in his late fifties dressed in dark blue suit. He has dark brown hair mixed in with a lot of dark grey that is slicked back. The lines of his tan face show ageing and stress, but he is extremely well built for a man his age. By the way his perfectly sculpted muscles look he must work out every day.

He strides into the room with the most intimidating confidence that I've ever seen.

But it's the eyes once again that I notice the most. They're the same eyes that his older son has. However, these beady dark eyes look more wise and cruel than his sons. They're the eyes of someone who has seen enough and caused enough trouble for a lifetime.

"Mio figlio, " he starts, revealing his dark voice. I only understand the first word which means my and draw two and two together to comprehend that he has said my son in Italian. "Finally back home"

He approaches Jay, who looks at him with burning eyes and a clenched jaw. "Father," he  spits out.

His father finally acknowledges the person shifting uncomfortably next to  his younger son, me.

His beady eyes show a twinkle of amusement while they meet my unsure ones. He's handsome for a man his age but nevertheless very creepy and intimidating, "And you must be the lovely Ella"

I give him a silent nod before he takes out his hand waiting for me to stretch mine out. I cautiously hold mine towards him expecting for me to shake it. Instead,  he grabs my hand kissing the back of it. And if he wasn't a mafia man you would'v thought that the gester was sweet.

"The pleasure is mine, Ella. You may call me Francesco"

I feel myself trying to hide my shudder as he says the word may. I may call him that. There he was acting like it was some kind of an honor to call him by his name.