Closer (Part 18)- future plans

my annoying ass authors note hahhah:

I wanna give a quick thanks to all my readers who take their time to ready my story. You literally make my day and I just feel so happy when I write this. Sorry for being all mushy gushy. But, it had to be said. A million thank yous!

Okay girl get on with the story...

ENJOYYYY

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spend the rest of lunch running like a crazy person with the ball in my hand around the gym while Jay chases me. He takes it away from me so effortlessy, dribbling it around him with a playful smirk on his face.

"You're amused by my crappiness," I gasp in between my pants. I stop with my hands on my knees trying to get a breath of air.

"Yeah I am," he chuckles while spinning the ball around his index finger. He makes everything looks so easy. Not just basketball.

In the back of my head, I know time is going by, and that I promised that I would return to the lunch table. I know I should've left the gym ages ago, but I still decide to stay in there with him.

I feel his stare on me and I decide to march towards the lonely basketball on the floor, mostly because I don't want him to see my tomato ass face.

I grab ahold of it and stand in front of the hoop before jumping to shoot. Even though, I was standing so close to the hoop, I fail to get it in. I frown while I hear his laugh behind me.

"That was pathetic"

"Shut up," I mumble, while picking up the ball.

Suddenly, I freeze when I feel his warm breath on my neck. Instant goosebumps appear. I feel his strongs lightly grip my shoulders and pull me towards him while we take a few steps back. His arms goes to mine as he positions them for a correct throw. I look up at him, and feel him instantly tense up.

"Eyes on the hoop," he says hastily, before dropping his arms. I frown, but my attention goes to the hoop and I inhale before throwing the ball.

We both hear the woosh of the ball going in the hoop.

"Oh my GODDD," I squeal, turning towards him and jumping on him.

He looks surprised, but takes me into his arms, holding me in the air. My eyes get lost in the chocolate swirls of his and his beaming smile.

Seconds pass before the bell rings, signaling that lunch break is over. I feel him quickly put me back down on my feet. My stomach drops realizing how fast the time went by, and how I left everyone at lunch. I try to shake the feeling away by telling myself that it was fine, and that I would just tell everyone that Jay and I got caught up talking. I mean he was a part of the group.

----------------------------------

Everyone, of course, asks me where I was during lunch, and I explain that I saw Jay shooting hoops after going to my locker. Then, I realize that I'm literally not telling the whole truth. I instantly feel angry with myself for putting myself in that position.

Seth just gives me a nod. "You're coming tonight right for dinner?"

"Yeah of course"

Every Monday night I would go to Seth's for dinner. It was something we've been doing religiously for years before we even starting dating. It was Mrs.Roger's infamous roast with potatoes night. And honestly, I loved going over there every week, since I wouldn't have to eat alone at home.