Closer (Part 17)- basketball boy

So much  for better day like I was hoping. The first thing I see in the school hallway the next morning, is Jay hovering over stupid Cindy Letterman with a basketball in his hand. They're near my locker, and I stop dead in my tracks.

His free hand is over her head, resting against one of the lockers, and they both have flirty smirks on their faces. I realize he has a baseball cap on turned backwards, and I feel my legs get weak. He looks good with cap on. It brings out his beautiful jawline.

Cindy looks ugh.  God, what I am saying. I'm lying. She's a bombshell with that blonde hair. They look great together. I just didn't feel great when I saw them together.

"Elle," I hear someone behind me say and I jump, coming out of my own world. "You are literally standing in everyones way to get in," Vi laughs, bringing me to the side.

I realize there's a few students trying to get past me, muttering something under their breaths, that I've kept them waiting, and blush. My gaze goes back to the Jay, and my heart stops when I see his eyes meet mine. He gives me an empty nod before Cindy realizes that his attention is not on her anymore, and pulls his chin towards her direction before kissing him.

"What are you lo-," I her Violet say, before scrunching her nose in disgust. "Okay ew. Like literal ew"

Ew. True. Thats how I feel too.

We see them dive into a huge makeout session and the loud drop of the basketball causes everyone to gasp, as Jay wraps his arms around her.

I see the ball rolling in our direction, and without thinking, my foot goes to kick it back towards them, hitting Jay in the leg. Damn, my aim was good. But, seriously what the hell did I just do? What was wrong with me?

"DAMN," Vi yells excitedly. "You're such a bad ass"

I quickly pull her away to go towards a different direction before my eyes meet Jays again.

"That seriously  needed to be stopped," Yazmin says suddenly as we turn the corner.

"Are they like together?" I hear myself asking.

Violet raises an eyebrow at me, suspiciously. "Why are you looking bothered as hell though?"

Yazmin turns also to look at me and I feel my cheeks heat up. It's like I'm under a freaking microscope.

I shrug, adjusting the strap on my shoulder, "I'm not. Jeez, I'm just asking"

They both eyeball me for a few seconds before dropping the inspection.

"Lets hope not," Yaz scoffs, referring to my question. "Cindy Letterman is so not allowed in our group. She's a fake bitch"

We continue to walk into the direction towards class before I stop, and turn to my two best friends. "I've been meaning to ask you guys. Do you think I made the right decision by forgiving Seth?"

"For sure," I see Yaz eagerly nod. "I mean come on you two never ever fight. Not even before you guys got together"

"That wasn't a fight though," I correct. "Seth screwed up"

"Yeah, I know. And its not cool. But come on the guy  is basically perfect, and you guys got it all planned out together. It means something if you don't fight. You shouldn't just throw it all away, you know?"

I smile, feeling at ease and look at Violet who hasn't said anything. She just nods in silence with a light smile before saying "yeah what she said".

They were right. There was never a raised voice or a fight between Seth and I. Ever. We never had a problem, or stressed each other out. We were just fun and jokes. And I realize that it means that we are easy and meant for each other. It puts me at ease knowing that I've made the right choice.

"Thanks guys" I smile.

-----------------------------------------------------------

During lunch, we sit at the table with Toby and Seth. He jogs over to me as soon as he sees me in the cafeteria, and brings me into his arms before kissing my cheek.

"Richardson," he says beaming at me. "I'm glad to see you"

"Same here Rogers," I tease, smiling lightly.

"I wanna say sorry again," he starts, with his eyebrows furrowed.

My hand goes to squeeze his, "Lets just leave it alone. We're good Seth"

He looks down at our hands and smiles while nodding. I'm done talking about what happened. Its over.

"Elle your party was bomb af," Toby says and Seth and I join the others.

Everyone at the table agrees. Well, at least they all had fun.

I glance over at Seth who turns a bit red, obviously embarassed by his previous actions the other night. I feel Vi and Yazs' content eyes on us, happy that we are okay and that  the group is okay.

The food in front of me isn't appealing to me at all today and my eyes start to search for the one person missing at this table. They land on Cindy Letterman who's sitting with her blonde bimbos, and I automatically feel at ease knowing that they're not sitting together, or worse doing something in one of the empty classrooms. I feel the same sick feeling in my stomach again as I start to imagine that.

Suddenly, I push my tray away from me and excuse myself to go to my locker. I don't bother saying the bathroom, because I know Vi and Yaz would go with me. Obviously, girls never go to the bathroom alone.

I make my way out of the cafeteria, searching every hallway for him. Okay, yes I lied about going to my locker.

I push the gym doors following my gut. And there he is shooting hoops.

He turns around confused by the sound of the loud doors. "Ella, what are you doing here?"

"I'm looking for you. You didn't come to lunch," I hear my voice shake. I don't know why, but I feel so nervous. My hands go to my bun where I feel that its been loosened, since I ran around the whole school like a maniac. I guess it didn't fasten it well.

I feel myself getting self conscious while no word comes out of his mouth, and I pull my hair tie out before starting to make a new top bun.

"Don't put it up," he says, with his hand out as he goes towards me. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. I look like a hot mess. My hair has some serious crazy waves that need to be tamed. I feel him grab a strand of my hair. "It looks good like that. A bit more wild," he says, slightly grinning.

My body temperature is seriously abnormal in that moment. "Ye- Yeah okay," I squeak, looking up at him. Okay, I was right. That cap looks too good on him. It seriously should be illegal to look that good.

I hear him chuckle before he throws the ball in my direction. "Come on, show me what you got girl"

THANKS FOR READING YOU BEAUTIFUL PEEPS!