Closer (Part 23)- truth comes out

I can't stop blinking in confusion as the words come out of Jay's mouth. Matteo is his older brother? I mentally gasp, looking at the both of them and their golden Italian skin tone, and dark hair. Unlike the cliche of Italians, they are both tall, towering over me and in that moment I feel almost intimidated by the two of them.

"You didn't tell me you had a brother," I grit through my teeth.

"Aw well, that's not really honest from you Jay," Matteo fake smiles sympathetically.

"Stai lontano da lei," Jay hisses at his brother before grabbing my hand, and pulling us towards the door.

Although he's angry, he takes my hand as if I were a delicate flower and I like the way my hand fits into his.

"I'll see you guys around," Matteo cries, waving to us. "Nice meeting you Ella," I see him smirk.

"Uhm you too," I manage to stutter before getting out of the store.

We land on the busy New York streets and Jay doesn't stop walking with my hand in his until the record shop is out of our view.

I'm having trouble catching up to him in my heels, and I yank him towards me causing us to come to a halt. His eyes widen in surprise at my strength.

"What did you say to him just now?"

His eyes dive into mine, searching for something. I'm honestly not sure what it is but I meet his gaze, intently staring at him and meeting those cold darkened eyes that I've seen time and time before.

"Jay," I hear myself whimper. "Please talk to me"

His expression softens as his eyes trail over the features of my face, causing me to heat up.

"I told him to stay away from you," he simply says, turning his gaze away from me to look at the streets around us.

"Why would you say that? Why didn't you tell me you had a brother. I mean what was that in ther-"

"Ella," he says, while taking my hand into his. The warmth of us hand makes me feel at ease and tingle inside. "I promise I'll tell you everything. But right now we have to get to your hotel"

I open my mouth to say something, to argue but his pleading expression makes me shut my mouth and nod to him.

He leads me towards the next street and we stop in front of an beautiful black Porsche sports car. In front of me, Jay opens the door for me, letting me slide in.

"This is yours?" I gasp, feeling the white leather seats.

"Yeah," he shrugs, turning the engine on.

"How?-"

"I'll explain everything soon okay?" He replies, looking over at me with a soft hopeful smile on his face. I nod and buckle up.

While driving to the Four Seasons, Jay stays focused on the road in front of him. I take that window of opportunity to study him. Both of his strong masculine hands grip the wheel as if he were angry, which he clearly is.

His jaw stays clenched and he looks so stressed. I wish I could take whatever he was feeling away from him.

The 15 minute drive consists of silence and tension before we arrive to the hotel. I swipe the keycard on my door while Jay hovers behind me with his breath hitting the back of my neck.