Closer (Part 6)- painful lemonade

I enjoy the Ohio sun as it slowly sets. We were at the end of August, which meant the warm summer was almost over. I felt bad that I didn't get much use of the pool this year. We had a beautiful back yard that should've been put to more use. The rest of the gang are in the pool and I'm admiring the view, and Seths annoying loud laugh as he smacks the volleyball in Jay's direction. Yazmin's mood has also seemed to have brighten up. It makes my good mood literally double.

I go quickly into the house to make fresh lemonade for my lovely guests. Our kitchen has big glass window doors that look out to the pool, so I can see my friends splashing around. A smile creeps onto my face as I look for sugar, lemons, a pitcher and a knife. It was nice to have people fill out this empty house. I get so deep in my thoughts that I almost don't hear the dripping sounds going towards me.

I jump and groan seeing whats in front of me. "Jay you're literally dripping on the floor"

"Then, give me your towel girl, I'm freezing," he shivers. Even his lips are quivering. Without thinking, I take off the towel from my shoulders and give it to him, realising I just gave him my towel and I'm exposed.

He wiggles his eyebrows suprised after being speechless for a few seconds, "Didn't think you'll fall for that, but thanks for the view"

"You know my boyfriends right outside, right?" I say flatly.

"Chill I'm joking," he laughs.

"What's with the tat?" I ask him, as my eyes wonder to her glistening tan torso. "You don't see that much in highschool,"

It's like my question completely changes his body language. I see a vein pop out of his neck as every muscle in his body tenses. But, its the brown eyes that lose their light which shocks  me the most.

"I got it done recently for the fun of it. Bunch of my friends did too," he replies, looking away.

Why give such a negative reaction when his answer was so innocent?

I want to take a step closer to see the foreign word written in the middle of the lion and ask what it means. But, I know it would be wildy inappropriate of me. So, I decide to leave it alone even if I have a thousand questions running through my mind.

I start to feel a bit uncomfortable alone in the kitchen with Jay's exposed torso and my red bikini. My hands go to the lemons, and I go to cut it in half in struggle, cutting my thumb. Like not off, obviously. That would make me seriously stupid on a whole other level. But, it starts bleeding.

''Shit,'' I hiss, as some blood come gushing out. Jay starts to head towards me with a worried look on his face, but gets pushed by to the side by Seth who's coming through the door.

"Elle fuck, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I wince. I hate the sight of blood. I close my eyes while Seth takes out the first aid and cleans my thumb.

He kisses it and I open my eyes to look at him. "See all better Ellybear, you need to be careful," he says.

I glance over at Jay who's no longer worried, but just standing there with a look on his face that I can't even put into words. "Jay upstairs on your left, there's a closet with towels. Feel free to get one for you and Seth," I tell him.

He nods and jogs up the stairs. I turn to Seth. "Thanks for being my nurse," I tease him.

"Anyday babe," he kisses my forehead just in time when Yaz and Violet come in with their towels, hanging on them like dresses. "I'll make the lemonade, you take a seat with the girls"

I go into the living room with them and chill on the couch.

"Who cuts their thumb while making lemonade," Yaz scoffs, kicking her feet up.

"Hello, I would too by being distracted by this dudes body," Vi whispers, and points at Jay who's in the kitchen with Seth.

I get up from my laying position. "I was not distracted by his body," I protest.

They widen their eyes  at my sudden outburst and I turn red. But, they know better than to start this conversation right now  where anyone of them could hear.

The boys come into the living room with cups of lemonade and Seth hands me one while he sits down next to me.

"So, Jay and I were talking," Seth trails off, looking at me with a wide smile.

Uh oh "Well, that doesn't sound good," I scoff, playfully.  The girls laugh and Jay rolls his eyes.

"You've got this amazing ass house with a pool and summers almost over. And you know how you told me that your parents will both be gone on business trips on the weekend?" Seth hints.

I nod gulping, not really liking where this was going.

''oh my God, yes. Lets throw a party please,'' Violet bursts out, jumping in her seat next to Jay.

"Damn, do you guys not go to parties or what's the deal?" Jay ask confusingly.

"No, we literally never do," Yaz admits, grumply.

Okay, so true. I mean, I really never felt like going before, and we just stayed in most of the time.

"Thats sounds like too much work," I trail off, scrunching my nose. I didn't want things to get broken or have my parents find out  that I was ruining all their so called work.

''No babe,'' Seth protests. ''We will help you with everything. We can put all the valuables in your dance room and lock it up. Jay and I will get the drinks. I mean come on. I know you enjoyed today. Why can't we do it again with a few more people?''

A few more people, yeah right. All four of them are looking at me with wide bright eyes full of hope. I mean, I really wasn't that scared of things getting broken. My parents wouldn't probably notice anyways. And, I did have to admit that I was in the mood to put my house to use, and get more into celebrating senior years with my friends.

I sigh, dramatically in defeat, and I already see their faces explode from happiness. "Okay, lets throw a damn party"

Sorry this chapter is really short. Stay tuned for a longer one in the next part. Thank you so much for reading honeys!