Closer (Part 43)- the big move

Important to remember: Francesco is the leader of the mafia and is Jay's dad.

This chapter will first be in ELLAS POV then JAYS. Enjoy 💜

Ella's POV

Yaz and Vi pick me up for school the next dreaded day after my break up with Seth. As soon as I get into the car, I'm greeted by their sympathetic frowns.

"How are you doing?" Yaz asks me as she drives towards school.

"Honestly, pretty bummed out by the whole situation. I don't wanna lose him," I admit, fidgeting with his bracelet.

"Getting together with your best friend is always a sticky situation cause you don't know if you will end up together forever. And if you don't, it's scary because you can lose a relationship and friendship. However,  I think Seth just needs some time," Vi explains.

"I really hope so," I breathe out.

I'm on the lookout for Seth as I go into the school but there's no trace of him. So, I follow behind Violet to English with cautious steps just in cast I run into him, which I'm not ready for this early in the morning.

We go into Mr. Martinez half filled class since we are early and I realize that Jay is also one of the early ones for the first time ever. He's furiously typing on his phone with a slight frown on his face. Nevertheless, he looks so handsome with his long dark eyelashes pointing down to the screen. In that instant, I wonder if the person he was texting was his dad or some other member of the mafia.

I'll have to ask him after class. Obviously.

"There's your lover boy," Violet grins as we walk closer to him.

I give her a scold while I take the seat next to him and she sits behind me.

He looks up at us and I see his troubled expression disappear almost  as soon as his eyes meet mine.

"Morning, guys," he smiles.

"Morning, Jay," Vi chirps.

"Morning," I smile at him feeling fluttered.

Then, I realize there's one question he can answer without me going straight to the source. "How is he?" I ask.

Jay's smile suddenly washes away and his expression turns more concerned. "He's hurt and angry," he begins before coming closer to whisper to me while Violet is on her phone. "I think I should talk to him and be honest. It would  be fucked up any other way," he finishes.

Before I have the chance to open my mouth, Violet suddenly interupts us, causing Jay and I to jump. "No, don't do that," she says. This girl has the ears of an owl.

I see Jay cock his head at me in confusion on how she could know what we are talking to about.

"Uhm, yes. I know about you two," she goes on with a bored tone.

"Yeah, best friends and all," I laugh nervously at him.

"Anyways, yes being honest is almost always good. But, it would come across really weird if you told him you were after his ex one day after the break up," she explains.

"He would think that Ella cheated on him with me," Jay concludes, nodding his head.

Violet points a pencil in his face. "Now you get it, my friend,"

"So, what do we do then?" I ask even if it's a dumb question.

"Wait it out," she answers. "Let it blow over before you start new drama,"