Closer (Part 47)- daredevil

but friends don't know the way you taste, la la la

A roaring engine is what startles me while I'm in the middle of eating breakfast alone on my huge island kitchen table. I drop my spoon to the side and walk to the window to see where the roaring sound is coming from.

Jay's standing leaned across a Harley Davidson with a playful smirk on his face as he sees me through the window. He's dressed in another leather jacket (since I have his favorite one still at home) and ripped black jeans which expose his tanned knees.

He looks incredibly sexy standing there with his arms crossed that I have to suck in a breath while taking him all in.

I quickly go to the door and open it excitedly. I'm not used to seeing his perfect face before school starts.

"Good morning," I smile, while standing in the doorway.

"Morning, beautiful," he grins. I feel his eyes take in me just as I did him seconds ago.

I've wearing my natural hair down for the past few months and I feel so much more happier than pulling it back every day just because my mother said it was "more put together".

"What's this?" I ask, pointing to his motorcycle.

"Your ride to school," he answers, walking up with an extended hand.

Although I'm feeling bolder, it doesn't mean I was ready to hop on a motorcycle.

"I can't go with you on that," I laugh, nervously.

It screams danger. And I'm scared. And what if my parents or someone they knew saw me on it?

I'd never see the light of day.

"Why not? It's fun. I think you'll like it," he shrugs, pulling me towards it with his arm around my waist.

"I-I don't know. It's not really my thing. I've never been on one,"  I stutter, while my hand runs across the beautiful bike.

"See you can't say that if you haven't tried it," he chuckles, pulling me closer to him. I wanna drown in his cologne. "Try something new with me, please?" he pleads with the adorable brown eyes of his.

I hesitate before opening my mouth. I'm feeling like the Ella who cares about other people think, the Ella who stuck to her boring routine because it was comfortable. I think back to Madame Demonge's words of letting go and living for me.

"Okay, we don't have to go. I'm sorry, I didn't want to push anything on yo-," I hear Jay say as he pulls apart from me after I realize I still haven't answered.

"No, sorry! I do wanna try. I was just scared," I rush, grabbing ahold of his arm.

"I won't drive fast or crazy, I promise. Do you trust me?" he says, cupping my face while looking for an answer in my eyes.

"Yeah, I do," I nod, completely sure of my answer.

He grins, satisfied with the answer before taking out a second helmet. He places it on my head, cautiously, making sure he doesn't pull any hair. After he fastens the clasp, his hands find my waist, pulling me so that I'm not even an inch away from his lips.