Closer (Part 45)- cheater cheater pumpkin eater

I'm well aware that Jay had it in him to stop Seth from throwing the punch. I mean, I was at his underground fight and I saw it all. That would've been easy for Jay. Instead, he let's Seth have that one punch. The punch, where my blood runs cold and I can't move or react.

It's the blood drops on the hardwood floor that make me snap back to reality. I whip my head to Jay who's standing there with a bloody nose and Seth who's ready to fight again.

"I'll let you have that one punch but that's it," Jay says seriously, holding his nose in the process.

Seth stands there, jumping up and down with his fists in the air. "Nah, I'll choose when I'm done," he chuckles darkly.

He doesn't look like Seth. He looks like a maniac on drugs. In a milisecond, he goes to throw another punch but fails as Jay catches his fists and twists his arm back.

"I warned you, Rogers," he hisses, still twisting his arm.

I see Seth wince and pain and force myself to jump in. "Please, stop,"

Jay's eyes look into mine with a softened expression before he decides to let go. Seth jerks his arm back angrily, straightening it out before he glares at me.

"So, this is what you've been doing? You been whoring around?" he sneers. "You're disgusting"

I never been called anything like that in my life before and it's a horrible first time.

Jay's body turns rock hard next to me. "Watch it," he threatens, taking a step towards him. The tears in my eyes sting as I put a arm in front of his torso to stop him which he does.

However, the gesture seems to throw Seth even more on edge. He looks at the both of us bewildered before he opens his mouth to provoke us even more, "You're such a little slut, Elle"

That's when Jay lightly brushes my arm away before he punches Seth back straight in the face, who falls to the ground.

"Don't ever call her that again, " he yells with a clenched jaw. I can see veins popping out of his neck as he does so. "Especially, when you don't have your facts straight".

I rush to Seth's side to help him back up but he pushes my arm away. "Are you okay?" I ask worriedly.

"Don't touch me," he mutters, getting back up. "Then, give me the facts. What the fuck is this? Did you sleep with him?"

"No!" I tell him quickly shaking my head.

"Did you kiss him?"

"No," I answer, looking him dead straight in the eye.

His stare burns through me for a minute as he decides if I'm telling the truth or not. He know's me well enough to know that I'm not a good liar.

Eventually, he purses his lips and answers, "Ok, let's go home,".
He goes towards the door without even looking at Jay and I.

However, I exchange shocked glances with Jay as Seth pauses before opening the door.

"No, no I still don't get it," he laughs. "Why are you at his house, Elle?"

I don't know how to answer. So, I tell him the truth of why I came today. "He wanted to show me his new house," I squeak.

"So, you guys hang out now alone? Is that what this is? Since when has this been a thing?" he asks with squinted eyes.

Jay and I are both quiet because there's one part of the truth we just can't tell him about. It's the mafia part. It's the New York part.

I know it doesn't make sense to Seth without knowing this because being in New York with him is what confirmed the hidden feelings I had. However, I knew I couldn't put Seth or anyone else for that matter in jeopardy.