Closer (Part 57)- saltwater kisses

Please read: Hello loves, welcome to the last chapter of Closer. I want to thank everyone for reading my book. It's my first one and definitely not the best. However, I loved writing it. Someone's it was hard to go on. I've been writing this book while being in the worst toxic relationship ever and I lost myself. This book and wattpad in general is when I start to believe in love again and can at least hope that I will get a guy like in the stories. If not, at least I have nice romantic stories to read. Thank you again so much and I hope you enjoy the ending!!

"It's a promise ring," he says in a rush once he sees my shocked face.

"A promise ring?" I repeat, biting my lip from turning into a big cheesy smile.

I feel Jay grab ahold of my hand on the table. He plays with my fingers with holding the box out towards me. It's a silver ring with diamond shaped as heart in the middle. Absolutely gorgeous.

Jay clears his voice and looks at me with intense eyes, "I want to give this to you to show that I'm committed to you and only you. I want to be with you for the rest of my life. I know we are young but I feel it already in my heart. You are my soulmate, Ella. You make me a better person."

Tears flow slide down my cheeks as he speaks. I've never been looked at this way before. It's so real and genuine.

"I'm committed to you too," I sniffle. "I love you so much."

"I love you more," he whispers, kissing my the back of my hand. I realize he has a silver band on his left ring finger. "You have one too," I smile.

"Of course, people need to know I'm taken," he grins, stroking my cheek with his index finger.

"Thank you so much. For all of this," I say, bending forward to kiss him.

Our lips meet for a passionate and deep kiss. I swear to you, I hear fireworks in my head when we kiss.

"I did it all gladly," he smiles once we pull away.

We dig into dinner and take a walk on the beach afterwards. The location is private so it's just us walking along the waves.

I observe Jay as we walk hand in hand. He looks deep in thought with the corner of his lips dipping into a slight frown. With his free hand, he pushes his hair back and sighs.

"What's wrong?" I ask him, bringing us to a halt.

"Are you sure you want to be a part of this life?" he asks nervously with a storm drawing in his eyes.

"Jay, no more asking me this," I plead, running my hands up his arms. "I'm here with you now, wearing your promise ring. I'll always be with you, no matter what."

Jay drops his head. "I'm sorry. I just don't want you part of this lifestyle," he explains with a frown.

"Hey, you said yourself that you would get outta this lifestyle somehow someday," I chirp, trying to cheer him up.

I don't know how that would happen. But I know that with Jay, there is always a way.

His dulled eyes brighten up again. "You're right. I will. Then we'll go far away," he says in serious voice.

"We'll get through it together. Be excited for college," I whisper in his ear, teasing him.

Jay smiles and grabs ahold of my waist, spinning me around, dangerously close to the water. I squeal and wack him to put me down.

"Let's swim," he says, putting me down at the edge of the shore.

He starts to take off his button up, revealing his Italian tanned toned abs. My heart skips a beat.