Closer (Part 36)- friendly intervention

I'm ambushed by my closest friends when I get back to my house. The living room is decorated with fairy lights and a huge "congratulations" banner on the wall. Although, Seth, Jay and Toby don't know what's the cause for celebration, they stand there excited with confusion mixed on their faces.

"Can someone tell us what's up? What are we celebrating?" Toby blurts outs.

I catch Jay look over at me with a small smile on his face as if he knows what the cause is. "Is it what I think it is?" he asks me with twinkling eyes.

Seth looks over at at us still confused while I nod with a blush on my face. "What does he mean?" he questions.

There was only one thing that could celebrated after going to New York for Julliard auditions and telling my friends that I would have the news a few days later.

It was me getting into Julliard.

"Come on, Elle. Tell them," Violet squeals, clapping her hands.

Jess and Yazmin who are standing next to her look over at the confused male faces.

"I got into Julliard," I smile.

I catch Jay's smile break out even more, with Toby joining him. Then, I turn to Seth who is struggling to grin at me. His left cheek twitches before giving me an unsure smile.

"That's great news, Elle," Toby exclaims while hugging me. Past him, I look at Jay who's waiting his turn to congratulate me. My heart beats faster when he approaches me, wrapping his arms around me for everyone to see.

I mean, I guess this is an occasion for hugging.

"I'm so proud of you," his voice says, muffled in my hair. My eyes close taking in his hold, wanting to stay like this forever. I only do so for a second before opening them up to the staring audience.

"Thanks," I blush, pulling away. Jay quickly puts his hand on the back of his neck, flexing his toned bicep while taking a step back.

Our gazes turn to Seth who still hasn't said anything to me. He takes a step forward with a small smile on his face but glassy eyes.

"Congrats babe," he says, planting a kiss on my lips.

"Are you gonna accept the invitation to Julliard, Elle?" I hear Jess ask behind me.

I turn to her while Seth's hand is in mine and I can feel his piercing stare burn through me, waiting for a reply.

"I mean, I don't know. We'll see where Seth gets accepted," I reply, shifting in my stand. Jess who looks very skeptical decides to nod and not say anything.

It's the voice that clears his throat that surprises me. "Yeah, but I mean you should decide where you want to go" Jay shrugs.

"Jay, it's fine. Ella and I have planned this out," Seth smiles through gritted teeth.

I look up at him to meet his eyes but he's focused on the Jay in front of us with a clenched jaw. He's wrong. We didn't talk about the topic anymore after the fight. Nothing was even set in stone.

"Come on guys, there's still tons of time. I bet Ella will get into many more colleges," Yazmin insists as if she herself is also feeling the tension in the air. "Then, Ella can decide,"

"Yeah, you're so right, Yaz," I nod.

"Yeah, for sure. The California Dance Company would love her too," Seth says, while winking at me.

Jay opens his mouth to start to say something but it's quickly interrupted by Violet's chirpy voice, "Let's pop open that bottle of bubbly, shall we?"