Closer- Epilouge

EPILOUGE-

Eventually, Vinny helped Jay and Ella to get out of New York and the whole mafia scene after 4 years there and finding out that she was pregnant. Jay never wanted for his future children to grow up in the horrible dangerous lifestyle that he had to grow up in. He was extremely grateful to his older cousin Vinny, for sacrificing the loyalty of the rest of his family to get them out of there.

Ella's POV

4 and a half years later in Trogir, Croatia....

"Girls, you did lovely," I tell my class of mini ballerinas. I'm surrounded by little five year olds, jumping around after receiving praise for me for their routine.

"Mrs. Ella, is your baby going to a be a ballerina like us too?" one of the girls by the name Sarah asks.

I chuckle and look down at my nine month pregnant stomach while running my hand over it. "Well, I sure hope so, Sarah," I smile, warmly. I waddle to the door of the dance room and open it to let my dancers out. "Keep practicing for the recital guys and I will see you all next week!"

"Bye Mrs. Ella," they all chirp happily, going out the door. As the last one goes out, I lock up my little studio that faces the shore and sigh peacefully.

I was still getting used to the sea salt fresh air and the sound of waves on a completely new continent. The past few years hadn't been easy in New York but I wouldn't have changed it for the world because I got to be with him. It wasn't my plan to drop out of Julliard and fall pregnant. I thought it would be devastating since Julliard was always though to be my dream. But, I realized it wasn't. Teaching dance and just dancing anywhere was my dream. He was my dream. Having this baby was my dream. I wanted to be the best mother I could be for her.

We would both be the parents that we never had ourselves.

I hop in my car and drive a few minutes along the coast to get home. Our beach house is stunning. The first sight I see excites me to my core. I see him on the porch with a book in his hand, swaying on the swing. He's so at peace, enjoying his read.

As soon as he hears my car approach, he drops the book to the side, coming down the stairs with a worried look on his face. "I don't know why you won't let me pick you up from the studio," he frowns, helping me up the stairs.

"Jay, it's not far and I'm perfectly fine driving a few miles," I tell him, chuckling.

"You could pop any minute," he argues. "This little princess is just waiting to come out," he says quietly while kneeling on the ground to cup his hands around my stomach and kiss it.

My heart melts while I look at him from below. Even though it was unexpected, he has been extremely happy of becoming a dad since I told him the news.

"Don't jinx it," I tell him nervously. I can't wait to meet her but sometimes I don't mind her still being in my stomach because I'm so scared. I'm scared to fail her.

Jay comes back up to tower over me. Since being here, his eyes have stayed the happy bright chocolate brown color that I saw only at particular times in the States.

He's been through a lot, but he's finally free and at peace.

"You are going to be the best mother ever," he murmurs to me before kissing me. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," I tell him, while tears form in my eyes.

Jay grabs my hand and leads me into our house with dinner waiting on the table.

"Chicken Alfredo," I sigh happily. "You really do love me."

"More than you know," he tells me while helping me onto the chair. Once I'm properly seated, he makes his way towards the kitchen. "Sorry, I forgot the salt," he calls out.

I hear scratching at the front door and glance over to see Milo, our cat, pleading to get in. I let out a smile while getting up out of my seat to open the door. Milo purs and makes circles around my legs to thank me once he's in before going his own way.

I make my way back towards the table before feeling pain in my stomach and something wet in my pants.

"Jayyyy," I croak out. "I think my water broke!"

My princess is coming...

❤️The End❤️