Closer (Part 2)- an empty house

Seth drops me off at my house after practice and heads with me to my private dance studio that is behind my house

Seth drops me off at my house after practice and heads with me to my private dance studio that is behind my house. There's a couch in the corner near the full mirror walls where he always sits, and chills while I practice my routines. Usually, he's on his phone while I do my thing. I mean he has been watching me dance for like over a decade. I get that it might get old for him, so I don't mind.

However, this time I'm not practicing anything. I turn up the music to Nicki Minaji's ''Chun Li'' and cackle on the floor, while Seth tries to spit out gibberish that sounds like the lyrics to her song. ''Dude'' he breathes out, obviously breathless from laughter. ''That woman is a goddamn legend. I can't keep up''

''Of course you can't. You have like zero rap talent Rogers,'' I tease. Besides the usual ''babe'', we loved still calling each other by our last names. It made it feel like old times when we were just friends. I mean I guess this was even better, since I had a bestfriend and a great kissing partner.

''Watch it Richardson,'' he warns, trying to look serious. He's too cute to look that serious, I swear.

I playfully roll my eyes. ''Oh yeah? Whatcha gonna do about it?''

Seth suddenly gets up from the couch, and tackles me lightly to the floor, pinning my arms down. He smiles down at me evily and I know what he's about to do next. ''No, please don't do it'' I squeal, but it's too late. He starts to tickle me and I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Well, I guess I'm doing both since I feel a tear running down my face and hear my loud ass laugh.

''Say Seth is the best boyfriend ever,'' he demands, not stopping with the tickling. Come on man, don't use my weakness on me.

''Seth. Is. The. Best. Boyfriend. Ever'' I pant and he immediately stops, throwing himself on the ground next to me. The dance studio echoes our grunts from the lack of oxygen, and we both look at each other, before we both die laughing again.

''Don't you love us Elle?'' he asks, smiling to the ceiling. ''Its so easy with us. We have everything''

I bite my lip smiling too. "Yeah, we're lucky''. He scootches over to kiss me and I cup his lightly scruffy face, while we end up in a makeout session.

Back in first grade, Seth and I had gotten married, because I was wearing a white dress, and Sarah Davis decided that she really wanted to be a wedding planner. Even Violet and Yazmin were there. It was a pretty good ceremony thrown by us first graders. Our classmates blew dandelions as Sarah pronounced us husband and wife. Our rings' were made by the stems' of some weird weeds. Of course, we never really kissed on the lips because of "cooties".

It was obviously a kid thing that died down immediately when we hit second grade. We were besties, and it went on till freshman year, when he asked me to be his girlfriend. Who thought we would be here like this after all these years? Well, basically everyone did. Everyone knew even before we knew ourselves. Our parents knew we were soulmates back then. They were always making hints and sometimes even making us feel weird about it in our preteen years. Hell, even the other first graders' knew before we did. I was the last one to figure it out. The thought kind of scared me at first. But, Seth knew everything about me, and we both kinda realized that we were made for each other. We just needed time.

We both had a few flings' that never lasted long. It just never worked with other people. We were each others first real relationship. We always came back to each other back then, after heartbreaks. Somewhere along the way, we seriously found our way back to each other as boyfriend and girlfriend.

"Elle, I gotta go" Seth says, pulling me up. I sigh, already feeling lonely in the big house, and Seth senses it in a milisecond. "I'm sorry babe, but I really need to go help mom and dad prep the room''

Room? Wait what. Oh right, Jay is coming. I furrow my eyebrows confused. ''Wait you never said when he's coming. You said he's coming for senior year, but we're already like one month in''

Seth smiles, apologetically squeezing my hand "Sorry, I really wasn't clear enough. He's actually coming tomorrow night''. Well, that was fast. I give him "why didn't I know this sooner look". "I know I should've told you sooner, but I swear I thought I did, and then I realized that I didn't" he grins sheepishly.

I know Seth. He's all over the place and honestly the most forgetful person ever, so it would've been totally unfair of me to make a fight out of such stupid thing. ''Yeah no problem, do what you gotta do'' I smile lightly.

He pinches my cheek and beams at me "Come with me if you want. You can stay for dinner. Mom would love to see you"

I wave my hand in the air like I'm sqatting a fly. "No, it's fine. I got stuff to do here anyway and schools tomorrow''

He frowns for a second, sad that we are parting, before gathering his things. "Okay babe, call me if you feel lonely'' He knows about the situation with my parents. That's why we were almost always as his. His parents were basically my real parents.

After Seth leaves, I go into my not so "homey'' feeling house, and go up the stairs to my room. I look like a freaking mess after rolling with Seth on the floor laughing. My chocolate brown hair is coming out of a not so neat bun, and my cheeks are still a bit flushed. I stare at myself and my hazel eyes, as I take my hair down, letting it fall down my shoulders. I look wild with my hair down and I'm not used to it. My look is always a pulled back bun with light makeup and it suites me.

I don't feel beautiful, but I don't think I'm ugly either. Thankfully, never been bullied for my looks, well besides 6 grade for my awful buck teeth. Thank God for Invisalign. But, Seth has always called me pretty and given me tons of compliments. He's a really good friend and boyfriend in that department.

I decide to hop in the shower to make the time pass by. I don't know why, but I'm not particulary in the mood to dance after school like I usually do. So, I hop into bed after and fall asleep to the sound of literally nothing, hoping that my parents come in before I do.