Closer (Part 4) - polar opposites

Dinner consists of a pasta carb heaven with Seth's family and Jay

Dinner consists of a pasta carb heaven with Seth's family and Jay. I don't say much which eases me since I don't have anything to say anyways. I, instead, listen to Seths parents ask him a million questions about New York.

"So, Jay I already took the liberty of enrolling you, since your grandparents couldn't make it by flight,'' his mom smiles warmly.

Why his grandparents? Where are his mom and dad?

Jay smiles softly at Seths parents, thankful for the gesture. "Thanks for all of this Mr. and Mrs. Rogers," he replies. His voice is deep as the ocean and a bit scruffy. I'm guessing its due to jetlag but its nevertheless attractive as hell.

Close to end of our feast, Seth's mom turns the conversation to me. Great, I love five heads turning to me, especially when the fifth head is a complete stranger.

''Elle, honey, how's your dance routine coming along?" she asks.

"Elle, is a terrific dancer, Jay," Seth smiles proudly, while taking my hand at the table. My face starts to burn from embarrasment.

Jay darts his eyes between me and Jay before answering, "Yeah man, the videos you showed me were amazing".

"What videos?" I chuckle, nervously almost choking on my water.

"Oh, just some of your older routines," Seth replies, shrugging.

"Thanks," I smile, nervously. He shoots me the smallest smile ever, before going back to his food, and I realise Seths parents are still waiting for a reply. "It's coming along great. Yeah, I just need to keep working a bit on the end. But I have some time left so it's fine"

After dinner, Seths parents do the dishes together while Tasha goes up to her room to finish her homework. That leaves me with two teenage boys in the living room.

"Dude, lets go to your room," Seth says giving a quick slap on the back while jogging up the stairs.

Jay and I follow him up the stairs when Seth stops at the top, making Jay stop and me crush into his back. I'm on the last step of the stairs and his action makes me wobble. I try to catch my balance, but the whole thing kind of took me by surprise, and I can't react fast enough. I feel Jay firmly grip my arm, pulling me to the top of the stairs, before I could tumble down. I really did not need that today.

"So much for ballerina ballance, huh?" Jay winks, as I pull myself together.

"You literally probably just saved my dance career," I joke nervously, checking to see if my ponytail was still in place.

"Ellybear, are you okay?" Seth asks, running his hand through his hair. I nod, and smile back to reassure that everything was fine. I see Jay trying to hold back a laugh. Well, I guess this was the icebreaker, huh. "Will you show Jay the guest room? I forgot something for his room downstairs. That's why I stopped'' he grins while starting to go down the stairs. I shoot him a hey-don't-leave-me-alone with your friend look, and he squeezes my hand, "I need two minutes."

I go past Jay and show him the guest room across from Seth's bedroom. The room has been made up for Jay with even a desk for his homework. It's decorated in dark blue with big flat screen TV on the wall. "Welcome to Ohio, this is your room" I say, waving my hands around.

"Whats an Ellybear?" he suddenly asks with a big smirk on his face.

I drop my hands in confusion. "Me. It sounds like carebear, you know?" I reply, putting my hands on my hips. As if, I had to explain myself to him.

"That sounds nothing like carebear," he laughs. "Kind of tacky," he says, while throwing himself on the bed, leaving me to stand like an idiot in the middle of his bedroom.

"I think its cute," I shrug, not really caring about his opinion. He didn't look like the kind of guy who was into relationships. I feel like his intentions towards a girl wouldn't be pure. He was probably a fuckboy. But, that was none of my business.

He puts his hands in the air as if he were defeated by me. "Hey, you know better than me. I'm not really into the cheesy kind of stuff"

See, I was right. Of course, you freaking weren't. Before I get the chance to say anything else, Seth pops up with a Beats speaker box in his hand. "Got this for your room too bro"

Jay gets off his bed with literally so many tanned flexed muscles. He goes to Seth to give him a man hug.

"Damn, thanks dude. You're making this all a very good stay"

I watch the two of them interact with each other. Jay's a few inches taller and they could literally not look more opposite. Seth was as blonde as all the surfers in California, but very pale while Jay was dark and tan. Almost mysterious. Looking at the two of them was like a piece of artwork, the way they stood across from each other, one symbolizing snow and the other fire. Somehow, they were both so pretty in their own ways of being different.

My attention suddenly snaps to Seth as I see him coming towards me. Jay just stays standing there. "Well, we'll let you get settled in before school tomorrow. If  you don't find me during my soccer meet feel free to find Elle, she'll help you around, right babe,?" he grins at me.

"Yeah, sure of course. My friends and I can show you around"

Jay smirks, "Now thats something I'm looking forward to" He's referring to my friends, seriously? How much thirsty could you get. Looks like someone is already feeling way too comfortable here.

Seth chuckles and we leave it at that, closing the door between us. Taking literally two steps out, we are already in Seths dark grey decorated room. I plop myself on the couch near his bed, and wait for him to come next to me. However, he keeps standing as if he were to energized to sit down. "So what do we think of Jayyy?"

He's brutally honest and direct. But, I obviously don't say that. Seth's too excited that he's here. "He's interesting. I mean, I can't say much because I don't  really know hi-'' I trail off.

"Oh, but you will Ellybear."

Okay, that really doesn't sound like carebear. Wait, what who cares. Why I'm I thinking about that now? Stick to your own opinion, Ella damn. "We'll all be spending a lot of time together"

My stomach churns. Sounds like a lot of change. This is not a part of our routine. Abort,  I repeat, abort. "We will?" I mumble.

Seth nervously runs his fingers through his hair. ''I mean yeah, Elle, he just came. He needs us. It'll just be for the time being. He'll probably also join some team, make friends and maybe even find a girl. So, we will still get to be alone''

Before I can even answer, Seth comes, and picks me up from my seat. I squeal, as he throws me onto his bed, climbing on top of me. I feel fluttered as he kisses my neck. It makes me so ticklish that I can't stand to be still. I'm squealing like a freaking pig, and begging him stop. While he's doing that, I hope his friend isn't getting the wrong idea of what we are doing in the bedroom.