Closer (Part 44)- vinny

At lunch, I walk into the cafeteria with the girls and my heart stops when I see Jay, Toby and Seth at another table than our usual one.

"So, I guess it's girls against boys, now" Yazmin huffs under breath annoyed.

Seth looks glum with his beach boy blonde hair falling over his eyes while he listens to Toby blab on about something next to him. I see Jay sitting across from him with his toned back turned to me.

It's like this signal told Seth that I would come into the cafeteria because as soon I look at him, his eyes meet mine with the biggest frown ever.
Suddenly, Toby stops talking and follows his stare to see what the fuss his about. His mouth dangles open as he realizes that I'm the problem. Then, Jay turns around quickly, exposing every muscle in his back as he does so.

In my dream world, I would be able to walk up to the table with my friends and proudly sit across from my childhood best friend and right next to the boy who made my heart do backflips with his hand on my leg as I enjoyed my lunch.

But, that was unrealistic and not happening any time soon. So, I go with my friends to our usual table and drown in my own pity.

"Well, this sucks," Violet says as she digs into her lunch.

"Vi, you can go and sit with Toby if you want," I insist.

"No, it's fine," she answers, shaking her head.

"No, actually maybe it's better if she does go," Yazmin interrupts, straightening up in her seat. "She can kinda see what's Seth saying and what's going on,"

I feel my stomach churn from anxiety and the food in front of me isn't helping either. "I don't know,"

"I mean think about it. He doesn't even want to talk at least Vi can tell you how he's feeling and stuff after,"

I contemplate on it for a few seconds realizing that I really do want to hear how's Seth doing and if I would have the chance to talk to him more about us. "Actually, you know what? Yaz is right. Go check out the situation," I decide.

Violet starts to gather her stuff and pauses heistantly giving me a "are you sure?" look. I nod quickly to give her reassurement.

"Pray for me," she jokes as she gets up and walks over to their table. My eyes follow in the direction to see both Toby and Seth give her awkward smiles. However, they nevertheless welcome her into their little circle.

In front of me, I hear my phone buzz and I drop my stalkerish stares to see who texted me. The letter J as my saved contact makes an instant blush appear on my face.

"Did Jay text you?" Yazmin sings while nudging me in the shoulder. "What did he say?"

I cautiously look over the message privately just incase he's written anything about his "secret life". Yazmin doesn't seem to notice since she's too busy chewing away.

144 Creek Drive. Meet me there tonight at 9- J

What's at Creek Drive?- I type quickly on my phone

You'll see:)- J

"He wants me to meet him at Creek Drive?" I shrug in confusion with a secret feeling of excitement in my gut that I would have longer time to see his beautiful face.

"That's literally a neighborhood. Why would you meet there?" Yas asks.

"No idea," I answer honestly, hoping I didn't give anything away.

Later after lunch, Violet lets me in on what happened at the table and what was talked about. She tells me that Seth has no interest in talking to me and that he's still shocked. He also said that he's torn on whether or not he should take this seriously because he thinks that this is a temporary thing. Him saying that reminded me of the similar words my dad had said last night.