Closer (Part 5)- new kids usually don't become popular in high school

Yaz texts me in the morning to let me know that won't be able to pick me up for school

Yaz texts me in the morning to let me know that won't be able to pick me up for school. I mean, I did have my own car. I just didn't really enjoy driving, and prefered to see my best friends face early in the morning, when my own parents couldn't even be bothered to. But, today its okay. My Mini Cooper was seriously in need of a drive.

I arrive at school, wearing as usual, my bun up and skinny jeans, with a white crop top covered with a loose cardigan. My eyes dart around to find any sort of protection, and by protection I mean Yaz, Vi or Seth. Going into school alone made me anxious as shit. I rush inside to get to my locker, causing me to run smack dab in the middle of somebodys rock hard chest.

"Shit," I groan, putting my hand to my forehead with my eyes closed.

"Wow. Seth's girlfriend really doesn't know how to walk. Are you sure you're a dancer?" the deep voice chuckles.

I look up to see Jay wearing dark blue jeans, and white shirt with the sleeves rolled up, along with a silver chain. I hate to admit it, but the chain did wonders to the outfit, making him look like some model of a magazine. I notice there some foreign word written on it and I wanna ask what it means but my morning mood gets in front of it.  "Oh, its just you," I mumble, getting out of his way.

Jay turns around to catch up with me and shows me a fake frown. "Now, thats not how we treat the new kids in Ohio, do we?"

I pause, suddenly feeling kind of insensitive. Maybe we just got off on the wrong foot and I was in those weird morning moods again.

"Wheres Seth?" I ask, walking to my locker. We both stop  and  he chills with his elbow on the locker next to mine, while I get my books. I catch of whiff of his cologne, and I can't say that I've smelled that kind before. But, it smelled too good and expensive. It was a light musky type of scent, but not the kind that gave you the worst headaches ever. It honestly made me want to stay glued to him for the rest of the day.

I catch people staring, which I'm not used to while I'm literally just at my locker. I realize that people are staring at the tall attractive new guy next to me. All the girls are basically swooning after him, and the guys look at him either in envy, or like they want to be friends with him. Like, who does that happen to? What new kid ever got so much positive attention in a new school, after being there for only two minutes? I'll tell you what kind, the well-built tan ones from New York.

Jay winks at one of the blondes who passes by him with a flirty hey. "Yup. I think I'm gonna like this school''. 

I glare at him still waiting for a reply to where my boyfriend was. "Oh yeah, Seth has a morning soccer meet. He wanted you to show me to my first class," he grins, flashing his billboard smile at me. I had a feeling like he was going to enjoy annoying me this year.

"Elle!" someone yells down the hallway. Jay and I turn back to see Yaz and Violet heading towards our direction, looking confused as ever to see me with some stranger dude. "Hey, who's the dude?" Yaz asks, as they stop in front of us. They're both literally gawking at him. There's literally nothing to gawk about. He's pretty, thats it.