Closer (Part 25)- sexual tension

Authors note-

Omg I just read that Lily Collins and Noah Centineo have been flirting on insta over his calvin klein photoshoot, how funny! The coincidence of me writing this story about them before even founding out that they are doing a movie together. Must be fate ;).

Anyways enjoyyyy

-------------------

Ella's POV

"No, you're most certainly aren't," his voice growls above me.

"I need to go," I insist. I really do after hearing most of that conversation. I don't think you would want to get on Matteos bad side.

Jay paces around the living room like a crazy man deep in his thoughts. It's as if he's trying to think of anything, just anything to not get me to come with him to his familys house. But I realize  that not even Jay can come up with a plan.

"Come on. You and I both know we'll make it worse by not listening to them," I say to him flatly. "I'll be fine. You'll be there," I murmur.

Something about the fact knowing that Jay would be next to me at all times, eases me.

"We'll make it quick, I promise," he decides, coming back towards me. It causes my breath to fall short like every other time he approaches me. It's a kind of feeling that I don't feel around anyone else but him.

I catch myself biting my lip from massive nervousness. I don't know what it is about tonight that makes me jittery than usual around him. Was it the fact that I found out he was in the mafia, or that we were fully alone together for the first time?

Nope. It wasn't any of that. It was the amount of times I saw his eyes flicker down to my lips, which he was currently doing. Guess those statistics on TV were right. Boys really do notice red lips the most.

My eyes travel to his full pink ones for the slightest second before realizing it's probably not a good idea for them to stay there. Asking a question right now would probably be the best thing to do to relieve the tension in the room.

"Sooo," my voice trails off as I distance myself away from him, turning around the room. "Is this where you brought Seth all those summers back when he came to visit you?"

I catch an aggravated expression on Jay's face before he turns back expressionless. "Yeah, I told him it was my grandparents home, and that they were on vacation when he came. But, he never came for more than two  days which made the lying pretty easy," he admits, scratching the back of his neck.

I sense the Nancy Drew side  of me creep back wanting to "investigate" more and more. I couldn't help myself around Jay. I always had this pulling urge to know every detail because it made me feel even closer to him.

I can't believe I'm admitting that to myself right now.

"What made to decide to come to Ohio out of all places?" I ask, leaning against one of the mahogony doors.

"Seth. His friendship made me feel like a normal person. I mean I had normal friends at the high school in New York. But, I can't get away from the mafia life by staying here," he sighs, with a pained expression on his face.

It makes me want to come back to him and comfort him. I don't like seeing him so.. so broken. But, I decide its better that I stayed glued to my spot. Enough boundaries had been pushed tonight.

"Do you like Ohio?" I murmur, breaking myself out of my stupid thoughts. But, I am geuiniely interested to hear his answer about the one place I was dying to get away from.