Chapter 26 - Why him?

Is this what we really hope for?

I knew from the bottom of my heart,

That the hardest choice would be the best.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lovino POV.

I hate my weak-self, I hate it, I just want to become stronger. Why— why do I have to be born this weak?

"Give it to me." Y/N extended her right hand while trying to hold back her laughter. I blushed and quickly slapped her hands.

"I can open this fucking jar by myself!" Unfazed, she grabbed the jar from my grip and opened it with ease.

"Sure you can. Here's your jam." I took the jar from her hand while looking away.

"Tch, I don't need your help though."

It has been weeks since that accident with her and that tomato bastard. Y/N sat on our sofa, munching on her own toast. I'm glad she look fine but that bastard started to go home late and he seems to be avoiding me and Y/N. I thought they have made up. I thought we're fine.

"Earth to Lovi? What are you thinking about?"

Snapping out of my daze, I looked at the idiota in front of me. She was frowning and her hand in mid-way of waving.

I spent night after night thinking about that time, why did I hug her? Why did I do something like that? One thing I understand was that time, seing her like that, I just want to hold her close to me. Just— what is wrong with me?

My eyes soften, my hand reached out to flicked her forehead. " I'm fine.. Now shoo—" again, just what the fuck am I doing?

I guess this is what to do if they don't want to see their friend look sad, yeah that must be it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We go to school together like always. Antonio said he got something to do so he's leaving first.

Yep, definitely avoiding us. Fucking bastard, after all the chances I gave him. But I won't force him to speak. If he wants to talk about it, I'll listen, if not, I just have to wait for him. Nodding and smilling to myself, I failed to realize Y/N beside me who is looking at me, sweatdropping herself.

"You really have a lot on your mind huh Lovi?" Y/N was mumbling, like she never intented to ask in the first place. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Huh? Si, somehow.." I didn't even realize that this past three weeks all I've been thinking is that tomato-bastard and this idiota.

"I think that bastard has been avoiding us, don't you think so?" I asked her. We have arrived at our shoe locker. Y/N sighed and put on her indoor shoes.

"You're.... right..." Is something wrong?

"I have something to do with Gil so.. I'll head first." Y/N smiled and pat my head, "What is it? Don't pout or else you'll get wrinkles."