Chapter 41 - Strong back

●audio recomended●

Lovino POV.

I stand in the middle of the white lily field.

Where am i? I don't know either. I just here, by myself.

It's just that, I feel this place is just made for me. Their chastity seems to call me. Encouraging me to take a closer look at how they danced in the wind.

I raised my head to find the blue sky. there are no clouds or sun, only an endless stretch of light blue.

"Is this what they called death?" I joked, smiling softly.

I looked back to the front again only to find a man's back. The back is very sturdy and strong. The back that I know very well.

"Old man..." my throat ached, I could feel tears starting to gather in the corner of my eyes.

He was there, only a few meters away from me. He didn't look at me, just looking forward.

I take a small step towards him. Until we were only a meter away, he still didn't look at me.

"Nonno ... are you here to punch me again?" I gulped down.

"Are you here, to stop me from half-assing things?" One lone tears finally make its way down to my cheek.

"You know, Feliciano is still a crybaby as usual. But he's surrounded by many good friends. The house is still the same as when you were there, ah but instead of planting roses we grow more tomatoes now. You can scold Antonio for that. And Y/N,"

I balled my fist, bitting my lips a little.

"She grew up to be a very beautiful ragazza. Very strong and smart, eventhough she's still weird and annoying, she became the top at school. Can you imagine? The little girl who used tail behind you. Just like fratello, she was surrounded by many good friends. Antonio loves her ... so do I."

I looked back to the lilies around me. Ah I get it now, they remind me of her.

"My obligation is over right?" 

They will be fine....

I step my foot with a heavy heart, one step for me to leave everything and go with Nonno.

But the ground began to shake quite hard, making me fall backward. I immediately got up and I looked at a chasm that appeared before me, separating me from Nonno.

"Is it that, you don't want me to go over there? I was happy Nonno, this time.. I'm not half assing things. I'm fullfiled, so please... let me, take me with you Nonno--!" Nonno didn't listen, he start to walked away. And then droplets of rain start to pour.

"Even though there's no grey clouds here.." I looked foward again, and this time. Nonno was looking at me. He was smiling.

"Nonno?"

"I'm just kidding!" Nonno laughed, he walked to me and sat crossed leged in front of me. I followed his action and sat down too.

Here we are, face to face. Separated by a chasm that seems has no bottom.

"You've grown to be such a handsome man Lovi... You protected your brother and Y/N.. I'm so proud of you..." Nonno smiled softly, his hand reached out to caress my head.

"I miss you so much..." we just sat there, in the middle of the rain.

"Okay, enough chit chat." Nonno got up and dusted invisible dirt on his white pants.

"Stop this rain and live Lovi.. Wherever you are, remember you have me, you have them.. so stop this rain, Si?" And then he vanished.

I feel warm and I heard someone's voice....

"Lovi... lovi..." it was distance, but I could still hear it clearly.

"Y/N......"

_________________________________________

You were the rain I had to stop.

Because when I woke up, I found your face that smeared with tears. Have you been crying your eyes out? Was that bag on your eyes? Have you ever heard anything about concealar?

"You looked ugly."

_________________________________________

Author POV.

"You looked ugly."

You gasped, looking down to Lovino amber orbs that now wide open. He has his smirk with him, you oh so want to punch him.

"And you fucking wet my face..." He complained, trying to wipe his face off.

"Have me beat you to death or you can just go back die, choose." Lovino look at you suprised, a thickmark appeared on his forehead.

"Is that your way of welcoming a person who just fucking back from being dead?!"

"Well mister, does 'you're ugly' has to come out first from your mouth when you just back from dead??" You retored back, giving an equal dead glare to him.

"Si, there's no different from death realm.. this basically, heh what? A morgue... corpses are laying everywhere.." He glance to his surrounding, finally aware of his current situations.

Feliciano was actually beside him, sleeping soundly on the hospital bed. On the couch were Ludwig and Arthur, also sleeping with their arm crossed. On the floor, were Francis, Gilbert and Alfred. All passed out after playing UNO.

Lovino glance at you, demanding for explanation so you pointed the passed out jock. "Alfred and his money you see, thats why we get the biggest room to play--.. uhh I mean watch over you."

"What the fuck?! I don't want to owe that shit anything..."

"Don't worry, he payed because before, he said that he did something cruel and unnecesary to you." Lovino looked dumbfounded for a moment and then he sighed.

"But still..."

"Don't you trust us? Trust me? Enough already... If you shoulder the burden alone amd leave us behind.. How are we supposed to be happy that we're saved? That you saved us.."

Lovino remind silent, but then he looked at you and smiled softly. "I just want you guys to live, well sorry but I don't want to go through that again.."

"I'm leaving." Was all you could uttered before grabbing your backpack and leave. On the door you bump into Antonio who look at the two of you confused.

He sighed and look at Lovino in pity. "Fighting already?" Antonio chuckled, only to recieved a low grunt from the italian boy.

"Shut up. She's the one who started it." Lovino pout, but then his stomach growl. He blushed and look away, hiding his embarassment.

"From fiercing fight and now hungry? Fusososo, you sure is one busy man Lovi~!" Antonio grab a piece of sandwich and offered it to Lovino. He was hungry so he glomb it in a minute.

"You love her don't you Lovi?" Lovino coughed on his sandwich, making Antonio panicked. "A-a-ah water water!! Here Lovi!"

"W-W-W-W-WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SAYING?!" Lovino look atAntonio with wide eyes, but Antonio just smiled and evem giving him a wink.

"Next time, confess to her correctly okay?"

_________________________________________

To be continued.....