Is it wrong to know about your friend.

Bangalore
Murty Villa
12:00 a.m.

Nandini was the first one to come. Not finding Manik , she went to the kitchen and started taking out the ingredients for coffee. She took milk jar from the fridge. She turned and saw Manik sitting on the kitchen slab. She kicked the fridge door shut lightly. She kept the jar on the side and started with her work.

Nandini- when did you come??? I did not see you....

Manik- when you we're busy with the fridge.

He jumped from the kitchen counter and went to the sitting area. He took an Apple and again sat on the counter munching it.

Nandini- are you hungry???

Manik- I guess a little...

Nandini- emmm.... Maggie khaoge?? Even I'm hungry a little. I can only arrange this for the time being. Vo groceries khatam horakhi hai.

Manik- not a bad idea. Chalega.

She nodded and started preparing. He was observing her every action. She knew he was watching her but she did not bulge.

Not able to take the silence he spoke.

Manik- yrr mey bore horaha hu. Let's plan 20 questions. This way I'll get to know you more.

Nandini- why do you wanna know me MORE (She asked raising her eyebrow, emphasising the word 'more').

Manik- well!! Is it wrong to know about your friend. I thought the more you know your friend, more stronger is the bond. (He replied smiling cheekily).

Nandini- okk!!! let's start then. (She took both the coffee mugs and sat on the stool. She kept the cups on the counter and signalled him towards the cup. She took a sip from her cup and kept it on the counter).

 She took a sip from her cup and kept it on the counter)

He folded his legs and sat on the slab properly. She nodded her head in disbelief. He then took her cup and started sipping.

Nandini- vo mera cup hai. You take you own na...

Manik- mind sharing?? (She nodded in a no looking down smiling). Good. Chlo let's start. (He took a sip and passed the mug to her. She took it gladly and took a sip and then again passed the cup back to him). Okk so
1st favourite colour..

Nandini- nothing in particular. I like all the colours. Now my turn... so
Your favourite colour ??

Manik- red and black.
Favourite food??

Nandini- Chinese and Italian..
Yours??

Manik- punjabi (he said dreamingly). Sshhhh.... it's heaven.

She chuckled on his description.

Nandini- time please. She went towards the gas stove and checked Maggie.

Manik- ek mey he serve krlena. (She nodded and served it in a single plate).

Nandini- (she placed it in front of him)hmm.. eat and continue.

Manik- you pass time??

Nandini- reading novels. Writing. Mostly sleeping (She said smiling sheepishly. He chuckled on this). Yours?

Manik- pending work. Writing lyrics and music. (He said taking another bite). You are such a sleepy head.

Nandini- don't tease me na Manik.

Manik- acha sorry. Emmm... hobbies??

Nandini- I dance when I'm happy. Earlier music used to be my passion like my work. Pr ab it's like I have lost it somewhere. Mujhe bjta he nae hai or to be honest mera mnn he nae krta. Ishima bought music in my life. Vo chali gae aur music bhe chala gya (she said smiling sadly). Chodo mood kyu off krna tumhara. You say your hobbies??

Manik- playing cricket. Singing. Like you music is my passion. Mere lia I'm incomplete without music. By the way tum konsa instrument bjati ho.

Nandini- guitar and Casio.

Manik- wow... that's great haa!!

The continued to talk for some more time. Inbetween Nandini stood up to pick the dishes and placed it in the sink. They we're laughing and talking. She would laugh whole heartedly when ever he would crack a joke. Manik's phone ranged and he excused himself as it was from his P.A. . He came back after a while.

Nandini- everything okk!!! Is time pe office se phone.

Manik- nothing to worry. Vo there was a security alarm so Aman had to go the the office. Vo watchman ke laparvahi ke karan hua so he informed me.

Nandini- ohh okk... . Manik abhi tk sbhi aae nae. Kitni deer hogae hai. Mujhe toh bohot neend aarae hai.

Manik- chalo let's sleep. Vo log aajenge.

Nandini- are you sure??

Manik- hmm... chalo.

They entered nandini's room.

Nandini- Manik.... ek request hai manoge??

Manik- ha offcouse itna formal kyu bnraeho bolo na..

Nandini- will you pull me to bed. I mean will you sit beside me till I sleep. Please

Manik- hey princess!!! You don't have to request. Chalo. I'll put you to bed today. Tumhe pta hai. I do it daily to Mukti.

He made her lay on the bed and sat beside her. He covered her properly with the duvet and adjusted the A.C. temperature and started caressing her hair. She kept her head in his lap. He was surprised by her gesture but did not say anything.

Nandini- thank you Manik. You know aaj mey kuch deer ke lia bhuul gae thi ke I have my life full of miseries. I felt like I used be before. Thank you so much Manik.

Manik- stop thinking about what is gone. Trying living in the present Nandini. I know it's not easy for you but still we can try haina...( She nodded her head like a child. He smiled seeing her). Chalo now close you eyes. He kissed her forehead and started singing.

Hearing pyaar from him she looked at him. He smiled and kisses her forehead Nd then both her eyes. He then gestures her to close her eyes. By the end of the song she was fast asleep. He carefully placed her head on the pillow and was about to switch off the lights when he remembered that she told him that she was afraid of darkness. He then dimmed the lights. He again pecked her forehead soffly.

Manik- sleep tight baby. May God shower all his blessings on you.

He again kissed her forehead and left the room. He was about to enter his room when he heard some meek voices coming from downstairs. He instantly knew that his friends we're back. He checked the time. It was almost past midnight. He went to his room and slept thinking about love.

Hola people!!! How are you all?? Here is thw update. Hope you like it. Ignore grammatic mistakes. Incline votes and comments. I know this part is rubbish but please bear it for the time being. I'll update the next part tomorrow pkka. Till then adjust with this please.

Happy reading😊😊😊