Chapter 2

After an eternity or what feels like an eternity my dad starts to guide Jennie and 'Douche Boy' into the boardroom. Oh, right, I renamed Hanbin 'Douche Boy' or D.B. for short, because I think the name suits him better. Yeah, yeah, I don't know a thing about D.B., but he's got his grubby paws all over Jennie and for that reason alone I don't like him.

My dad opens the door for Jennie and I suck in a deep breath to prepare myself for our first official meeting. My heart picks up some serious speed and I wonder if the thumping I hear in my ears can be heard by anyone else in the room.

I'm just waiting for our eyes to come in contact because I'm sure when they do, Jennie will have the same reaction to me that I had to her. It's inevitable right? I mean there's no way that I would be the only one feeling what I'm feeling.

Once the three of them are inside the boardroom a shiver runs down my spine. My focus is on Jennie and Jennie only and nothing is going to distract me from what is about to happen.

I frown when I notice that Jennie is too busy staring at Hanbin to even look in my direction. She's not following the script and it's bothering me.

What script you ask?

You know, she'll slowly look towards me and if this was a movie, the background music would reach its crescendo right as her brown orbs meet my blue ones. Then, Jennie will dump D.B. right then and there, right before she declares her undying love for me.

What? It could happen!

I'm going stir crazy from the anticipation and I guess I'm not being too subtle about it either because Rosé whispers to me, "Down girl, you don't want to scare her away."

My fists ball at my side but I don't say anything back because I don't want to take the chance that Jennie will look over at me while I'm beating my friend up and our perfect moment will be ruined.

"This is my son Bobby." My dad says to Jennie . Bobby stands up to shake Jennie's hand but my dad isn't done with the introductions yet. He smiles warmly at Jennie and then at my brother. "And this Jennie Kim, the next big thing."

Jennie's cheeks turn pink and if I thought her nose crinkle was adorable, it's nothing compared to how she looks right now. "Mr. K, you sure know how to make a girl blush."

I melt inside. Aw, she already has a nickname for my father, how cute is that! If that's not a sign that we're meant to be together, I don't know what is.

Bobby takes Jennie's hand and turns it over. "Enchante." He coos before he kisses the back of her hand. I swear if he weren't gay my fist would have connected with his face. Jennie giggles, which I guess is an ok reaction but then she turns to D.B and they start making eyes at each other again.

Gag. Me. With. A. Spoon!

Ugh, I'm about two seconds away from causing a scene but luckily my common sense is winning out...so far.

"Hi I'm Hanbin," D.B. says in a deep manly voice that Bobby seems to get a kick out of.

He winks at Bobby before shaking his hand. "Nice to meet you, it's an absolute pleasure." D.B. doesn't look comfortable with the attention Bobby is giving him and now I have another reason to hate his stupid face. He's obviously a macho, homophobic jerk and for the life of me I can't understand what Jennie sees in him.

I'm too busy hating Hanbin in my head to realize that the attention is now on me.

"This is my daughter, Jisoo." My dad says.

I snap out of my daze and I swear I can feel my heart about to leap out of my chest. I jump to my feet, this is what I've been waiting for, when everything is going to come together like it should.