Epilouge: Meet The Kims II

****

I'm trying not to have a panic attack as I wait to find out who is on the other side of the door.

I mean, there's nothing to worry about.

Right?

Lisa's great so why would anyone not love her like I do?

Right!

Everything is going to go just fine.

No need to panic at all.

I can be as cool as a cucumber.

Oh gross, that's a bad analogy.

I shouldn't be thinking about cucumbers at all.

Great, now I can't stop thinking about cucumbers and what they look like.

It's like Jisoo has channeled herself into my mind and I'm freaking out like she would be doing at a moment like this one.

I'm not insulting my friend.

Really I'm not.

We all know her mind is both one of her greatest assets, but it also causes her to worry about problems that aren't really there.

I take a few deep breaths as I smile at Lisa.

It's a good thing she can't tell how nervous I am.

"You need to relax," Lisa whispers under her breath.

Shoot.

I thought I was doing so well.

The door swings open and I see Mrs. Kim's face smiling at us.

Yes!

Even though she can get carried away at times like her daughter, I'm glad it's her.

She welcomed me into the Kim clan with open arms and I'm sure once she gets a chance to know Lisa, she'll welcome her too.

That sounds more confident.

Right?

"Rosé," Mrs. Kim exclaims brightly. "It's so good to see you."

I grip Lisa's hand and for the first time today, I'm at ease. "It's good to see you as well," I reply smoothly before I inhale sharply. "This is Lisa," I say to Mrs. Kim, "my girlfriend."

I know I'm blushing.

I can feel my cheeks are on fire.

How wonderful.

I'm so not the blushing type.

Except where Lisa is concerned.

She makes me feel things and act in a way I'm not used to.

Mrs. Kim grins widely at Lisa as she extends her hand. "It's very nice to meet you."

There, that wasn't so bad.

I got all anxiety ridden for nothing.

"It's nice to meet you too," Lisa replies with that smile of hers that melts my heart completely.

Crap.

I've turned into that sappy girl I vowed I'd never turn into.

Jisoo is going to have a field day with me.

I probably shouldn't have bugged her about turning into one when she met Jennie.

At least I'm not as bad as her. That I know for sure. You should hear her ramble on and on about how amazing Jennie is. Once she gets going she could talk your damn ear off.