Chapter 11

Jennie better make an appearance soon because the longer I have to spend with D.B. the sicker I'm going to feel.

Not only does he get to call Jennie his, but he's ruining what's supposed to be Jisoo and Jennie time. I never signed up for Jisoo, Jennie and D.B. time that's for sure.

D.B. gives me a quick nod of the head, "Jisoo."

I take a step in his direction and narrow my eyes at his own beady ones. "Hanbin."

Just saying his name makes my tummy hurt.

"We need to talk." D.B. announces as he closes the studio door.

Uh oh.

I think I might be in some trouble.

He has every right to be mad, I suppose. If Jennie was my girlfriend, oh scratch that, when Jennie becomes my girlfriend, and I found out she spent the night in someone else's bed, I'd want to kick her bedmate's ass too.

Bring it on D.B, I dare you!

In fact, I double dare you because I'm a black belt in Karate and I would have no problem destroying you.

Ok, ok, that's not true I've never even taken a Karate class, but I have seen The Karate Kid like seven times, which makes me, in my mind at least, an expert.

Plus I have my whole rocker outfit working for me and even if D.B. towers over my petite frame, I feel a surge of power and determination that allows me to actually believe I could beat him up.

On the other hand, seeing D.B. and I going at it, oh my god, not like that, I'm shuddering now. As I was saying, seeing D.B. and I fight would probably not make the best impression on Jennie and lord knows I can't afford any more screws up in that department.

"About what?" I ask the bane of my existence as I fold my arms across my chest.

"I think you know." D.B. replies as he gets closer to me.

I stand up straighter to look taller than I really am. "Oh, I do, do I?"

That's right Jisoo, act dumb and just pretend you didn't propose, strip, give a lap dance and tell Jennie, the girl D.B. is dating, that you love her.

Denial, denial, denial!

"It's about last night." D.B. explains.

Double uh oh.

I refuse to be intimidated, "What about last night?"

I should take comfort in the fact that D.B. probably doesn't know I'm gay. There's no way Jennie would tell him that, right? Right?

He just stares at me with a confused expression on his ugly face and it appears we're at a bit of a stand off.

The situation I'm in reminds me of those old western movies you can catch on late night TV.

If D.B. and I were actually in one of those movies this would be the point where the townspeople disappear to avoid being caught in the crossfire. In the background there would be some twangy music playing to heighten the tension that is already present. We'd mosey on over to each other and just as we get into gun slinging position a gust of wind would come in to spread some dust around.

We can't forget the cheesy dialogue either.

I'd say something to D.B. like, "Looking for trouble?", and I'd have a long piece of grass hanging out my mouth. He'd spit out some chewing tobacco before he replied with, "Yeah, as a matter of fact I am." Then I'd adjust my cowboy hat and come back with the equally lame, "Well you just found trouble." D.B. would finish off our exchange with, "Great, trouble is exactly what I was looking for."