Chapter 9

I spend fifteen minutes basking in all things Jennie before I pick myself off the floor and head back to my bedroom.

I really, really don't feel like going into work today.

It's already 11:30, the day is half over and honestly I want some time to go over everything that's happened since my fateful encounter with the girl of my dreams.

I do realize that there will be plenty of cringe worthy moments that won't be so fun to relive but I'm willing to sacrifice my ego for Jennie, that's how much she's gotten under my skin.

It's hard to fathom that someone who I've known for just over a day already possesses so many of my thoughts, but she does and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Although I don't want to go into work, I also don't want to be alone either.

I grab my phone and flop on my bed so I can call Rose.

I'm about to dial her number when I remember what it was like to see Jennie awake, in my bed, beside me.

Damn, I'm in so deep with her that I can't even think straight.

Not that I've thought straight in years mind you.

I shake my head to dispel Jennie from there momentarily and that's when I notice I missed seventeen calls from my friend.

I hope she's not mad at me.

"Jisoo I can't believe you left me hanging like that." Rosé yells so loud when she picks up the line that I have to hold the phone away from my ear. "That was unnecessarily cruel on your part."

I let out a little giggle at what my response is going to be. "I'm sorry but I had to see Jennie out the door, you know after we spent the night together."

Dead silence.

I can be so evil sometimes.

"Oh my goodness gracious." Rosé shrieks. "You mean to tell me that you got Jennie to sleep with you? Damn Kim I'm impressed."

"Well, not exactly." I reply as I roll over to the side of the bed that Jennie slept on. Her scent is everywhere and it's intoxicating. "But she did spend the night in my bed."

"Don't hold out on me girl, I need details." Rosé demands. "My love life is lacking right now."

I put my head on the pillow Jennie used. "Does that mean you finally ended things with your girlfriend?"

Rosé emits a very audible sigh. "Yeah, I broke up with her last night."

"How'd she take it?" I ask as I contemplate getting back under the covers, just for a little bit.

"Not very well, but enough about my pathetic situation, dish." She orders.

"I have a better idea, why don't you make up some excuse and come spend the afternoon with me." Plus, I still have to get my car and it will be a lot easier if Rosé drives me there later to pick it up. I'm going to keep that to myself until the right moment though. "It's been a while since we've spent quality time together."

That's because her girlfriend kept her on a very tight leash.

I never liked her at all but I kept my opinion to myself because I'm that good of a friend.

Ok, I may have slipped a comment in here and there but in my defense I was only looking out for Rosé's best interest. Her girlfriend was one brick short of a load if you catch my drift.

"That's a great idea, a true girls day." Rosé says very enthusiastically. "I'll be there in half an hour."

I wonder what reason she's going to give my dad for leaving.