Chapter 62

Nine and half months later....

I look around the nearly empty arena and it still amazes me that in a few hours it will be filled to capacity, with the audience chanting for just one person.

It's mind blowing really.

And something that never gets old.

Even though there aren't many people hanging around, I know she's here.

I always feel her presence even when she's not looking at me.

That's how strong our bond is and that's how much I love her.

When my eyes meet hers, my stomach flip-flops and my heart beats just a bit faster.

It doesn't matter that we've been together for months, it still feels like we just got together and I'm even more in love with her than I was yesterday.

Today is going to be a great day.

For a variety of reasons.

"You ready for your sound check, Jen?" George, the man in charge of every concert I've put on, asks.

"I'm ready," I tell him as I smile at Jisoo.

She's sitting in the front row like she always does when she has the time to attend one of my sound checks. Her eyes sparkle as she blows me a kiss.

I snatch the kiss out of the air and put it right over my heart.

I'm glad the guys in my band can't see what I just did.

They already think I'm the biggest sap around. I get teased relentlessly because of how I am around Jisoo, but you know, I don't really give a rats ass.

It's near impossible for me not tell her I love her every chance I get. Especially when the fact that I couldn't at first, almost cost me the biggest gift I've ever been given.

But that's in the past and I don't like to dwell there very often.

I hop up on stage after getting a real kiss from Jisoo and take my guitar out of its case.

My guitar that my dad used to record all of his albums with.

My guitar that Jisoo surprised me with on our six-month anniversary.

I found out from Rosé later, that she had to beg the owner of the guitar to sell it to her and paid three times the value for it. Jisoo acted so nonchalant when she presented the guitar to me. Like she didn't go through anything special to get it and that's one of countless reasons why I'm in love with her.

She has the biggest heart of anyone I know and the realization that I have such an important place in there makes me even more grateful she's in my life.

Oh man!

I am a sap!

But I'm also a rocker and that's the side of me that Jisoo's about to witness.

After I say a few things first.

"Is this thing on?" I ask as I tap the microphone in front of me a few times. I get a few laughs out of the crew but the guys behind me make their usual snarky remarks.

I ignore their boos as my eyes lock with Jisoo's chocolate orbs.

There's something about the way she looks at me that makes me think we could be in a crowd full of people and I'd be the only one she sees. Even when I'm in the middle of a show, if I happen to catch her gazing at me from the side of the stage, I nearly stop singing because of those eyes of hers.