Chapter 14

When Jennie and I arrive at the dinner table everyone is already seated.

There goes my master plan of us sitting together.

My dad is at one end of the table, my mother at the other end and all us kids are expected to sit in the middle.

I'm about to say something to Jennie when I notice her eyes go straight to Joon. That's not an unusual reaction considering it's very obvious that he is adopted.

I don't love him any less though, Joon is my brother just like Bobby is and he's always been there when I needed him.

"Don't you think Joon has my mother's eyes?" I whisper in Jennie's ear. She looks at me in complete disbelief and that's when I decide to let her off the hook. "You know I was only kidding, right?"

"I figured as much." Jennie replies but I can tell I had her going for a minute.

"Move it Jisoo, I'm hungry." Bobby groans. He did clean up pretty nice I have to say, however, the dirty look he's shooting in my direction lets me know he still irked with me.

"Keep your pants on, I'm here aren't I?" I fire back.

Bobby is about to make another snide remark when my dad steps in. "Now, now, we do have guests so I expect everyone to be on their best behavior." He glances over at Bobby and then over at me.

"She started it." Bobby sneers.

I'm about to beat him down when I remember Jennie is beside me.

Acting like a child is probably not the best way to impress her.

I should be the mature one, like I always am.

"Did not." I whine.

Do they make muzzles for humans?

If the answer is yes, I should definitely get one for myself.

My dad points his finger at his two rowdy kids. "Behave."

"Yes dad." Bobby and I reply at the same time.

Jennie must think I'm a total dofus.

I work up the courage to look at her and I'm pleasantly surprised to see her smiling. It doesn't seem forced or something she's doing to be polite either.

Joon gets up from his chair and walks over to us. "Hi I'm Joon, nice to meet you." He sticks his hand out for Jennie to shake.

"I'm Jennie." She replies as she accepts his welcoming gesture.

After they're done greeting each other Joon gives me a hug and then he returns to his seat next to my mother.

I am disappointed that Jennie and I won't be sitting side by side but I understand why she grabs the empty spot next to Hanbin. I do take comfort in the fact that I'm sitting opposite her though, that should give me ample time to sneak peeks at her during the meal. I have my dad on my left and Rose on my right and thankfully Bobby is next to her so I don't have to hear him bitching all night.

"Let's say grace before we begin." My dad announces.

Jennie is caught off guard by his announcement and I gather she isn't used to saying grace. My dad rescues her by taking her hand and motioning for her to grab Hanbin's. We exchange a brief smile and then all of us bow our heads.

"God bless the food we are about to receive." My dad starts. "I am very grateful to be surrounded by my family and all of us are thankful for the many blessings that have been bestowed on us. I would also like to welcome our two guests."