Chapter 23

My mom arrived home from the grocery store a few minutes after Jennie and I finished rubbing sunblock all over each other.

Thankfully she didn't come back sooner or she could have ruined the moment.

For once I caught a break and I hope that pattern continues for the rest of the day.

She offered to make us something to eat but neither one of us is hungry so we told her no thanks.

Ok, ok, that's not a hundred percent true.

I am hungry.

For Jennie that is.

If I were a betting woman, I'd bet she tastes delicious.

I'm really lucky my life isn't like a comic strip because if it was and Jennie saw that thought bubble hanging over my head I'd be so screwed.

And not in a good way.

"So when did you know you liked girls?" Jennie asks completely out of nowhere.

We had been discussing our favorite TV shows before she made her inquiry.

Hers is The L Word in case you were wondering.

Actually, that's just wishful thinking on my part, her actual answer was 24.

That is another thing we have in common, I live for that show. Don't get me wrong, I'm gay, extremely gay, but there's something so intense about the way Keifer Sutherland plays Jack Bauer that I'd totally do him if I got the chance.

The character, not the actor.

Seriously, he makes me weak in the knees.

Not like Jennie of course, she's makes me weak in the knees and she also makes me weak in all the other parts of my body as well.

The sunblock incident distracts me for the umpteenth time since it happened and I can't stop myself from replaying it in my head.

Not that I'm really trying that hard mind you.

It's official, Jennie in a bikini! has been replaced.

Now it's, Jennie in a bikini caressing me in the most sensual manner possible!

Hmm, that doesn't sound as catchy but it felt fantastic!

I do believe Jennie just asked me a question about my sexuality.

That's a good sign, right?

I don't answer her, instead something else comes out of my mouth. "That's a pretty random question." I reply as I turn my head to look at her.

"Random questions are the best kind." She tells me with a smile.

Forget the Jennie-to-English dictionary, I'd settle for an Jennie decoder ring.

She's so cryptic and mysterious.

Her smile turns into a frown when I don't say anything right away. "I'm sorry. Am I getting too personal?"

I want to laugh so badly.

Hello!

I showed you my breasts!

I think we're beyond too personal now.

"No not at all." I assure her and she seems to relax. "I was just making an observation."

Jennie takes a sip of water before addressing me again. "I'm curious."

I, of course, make a joke. "You know what they say, curiosity killed the cat."