Chapter 27

I do believe that Jennie has earned herself three new fans this evening.

Obviously my dad was already a fan. He is the one after all who wanted our company to represent Jennie.

I haven't thanked him yet for bringing such an amazing woman into my life.

I'll have to get on that immediately.

After Jennie agrees to be my one and only of course.

And there's no doubt that I'm Jennie's number one admirer, both for her music talent and general awesomeness.

But after she entertained my family and Rose for almost two hours I think it's safe to say that all of us are huge supporters of Jennie's career.

Every time I thought she'd want to stop playing she'd ask for another song request and nobody looked bored by her singing in the least.

There's this quality to her voice that is mesmerizing. The way her whole demeanor changes when she's playing that guitar and belting out song after song is such a treat to watch. I wish I had a talent like hers but I don't so I'll have to settle for being president of the Jennie Kim fan club.

I'm sure we'll have scores of members by the time her first album is released.

We're at the door saying good-bye to my parent's. My dad is standing behind my mom and he's resting his hands on her shoulders. "Even though you didn't pick my cooking as the best in this household, you're welcome here anytime." He teases Jennie.

"Honey, you really are pushing your luck." My mom warns but the warmth in her eyes lets all of us know she's only kidding around.

"She knows I'm being funny." My dad says with a big smile. "Don't you Jennie?"

"Of course I do Mr. K" Jennie replies as she adjusts the bag on her shoulder.

"Now, now, Jennie, us women have to stick together." My mom jokes.

"Ok, ok, we could go on like this all night." I interject. "Some of us would like to get to bed at a reasonable hour."

Not really, what I would like is some alone time with Jennie to figure out if I'm right about her trying to tell me something.

Rose and Bobby left together so I couldn't ask either one of them what they think. Actually, I only want to ask Rose because Bobby is rather biased. Whenever I attempt to bring Jennie up to him he drones on about how sexy Hanbin looked in his basketball shorts when they were together the other night.

Ew!

I don't want details about D.B. and his apparent sex appeal.

Nasty!

I hug both of my parents to move the good-bye process along and I'm delighted when they embrace Jennie as well.

Aw, they love her already.

How could they not?

Jennie seems surprised by the gesture but she returns both their hugs and the wide grin on her face afterwards is positively heart warming. I think that her spending time with my family is something she's getting a lot out of, much like I was able to find comfort in opening up to her.

We're so perfect for each other!

The drive back to Jennie's house passes much too quickly for my liking and when I pull into her driveway my brain is trying frantically to come up with a reason to prolong our evening.

It can produce countless fantasies about me and Jennie naked together but when I really need it to come to my aide, it's useless.

"This is my stop." Jennie says as I put the Jisoomobile in park.