Chapter 45

I'm happy.

Not, Jennie and I just had sex happy, but still, I'm in a pretty good mood.

All is right with the world again.

Except...

No.

No exceptions.

But...

No.

No buts either.

I twirl around on my chair in the conference room while I wait for Tony to arrive.

It's meeting day!

And my funny feeling is back.

I wish it was a funny ha-ha feeling, instead of a funny yikes feeling though.

Instead of focusing on my queasy tummy I send my mind over to tonight.

Jennie and I are going out.

Just the two of us.

That was the deal I made when we negotiated my surrender.

I honestly thought I'd be in my bathroom all night but luckily my negotiation skills were able to broker a deal that Jennie and I could both accept.

I'm taking her out for dinner and she's not going to harm one single hair on my head.

I hope Jennie doesn't renege on our deal because I'm honestly scared at what kind of revenge plan she could cook up.

Hence my good mood.

More Jisoo and Jennie time.

Not to be confused with peanut butter jelly time.

Sorry, sorry, I got suckered into watching a Family Guy marathon with Rosé last night.

Anyway, funny feeling or not, I'm happy.

The thing is, I'm not convinced that I really am.

Oh you just had to sneak that thought in there, didn't you?

Damn.

Jennie and I still haven't talked.

About anything.

With each day that passes my resolve to initiate that key discussion dwindles.

I'd rather just forget about that whole ugly incident and our need to talk but I know I can't.

I can't because my feelings for her are growing stronger.

I can't because I spend so much of my time daydreaming about what us being together would be like.

Most of all, I can't because I go home every day by myself, instead of with Jennie.

And it hurts.

I'm trying to be strong for us. I'm trying to let my own feelings go unaddressed because I know that's what she needs.

But it's hard.

I'm probably just having a weak moment and soon enough I'll be able to get back into the right frame of mind.

The frame of mind where my unwavering patience pays off and Jennie and I live our happily ever after.

Sigh.

That day cannot come fast enough.

I'm mid twirl when I hear someone clear their throat.

I grab hold of the conference table to stop my chair and stand up.