Chapter 18

Leave Jisoo in a room with Jennie...and what do you get?

——

I think I might be in some trouble.

I was doing fine after I got that amazing message from Rose, until it hit me that I'd be alone, with Jennie, in my apartment, with nobody else around, for the night, just her and me, the two of us, and I'm scared out of my mind.

I told Jennie that I was going to change into something more comfortable and that set off a flood of terror within me because I so didn't mean for that to come out like some sort of cheesy line. I fled to my bedroom and I've been freaking out ever since.

I want so badly to just have just fun with Jennie, no not like that, clean, wholesome fun, for now. In order for that to happen I think a patented Jisoo pep talk is in order.

First of all, I have to remember to breathe.

Deep breath in.

Deep breath out.

Deep breath in.

Deep breath out.

Jennie in a bikini!

Shit, I was doing so well.

Let me try that again.

Deep breath in.

Deep breath out.

Deep breath in.

Deep breath out.

Squeeeeeeeee!

I get Jennie all to myself!

Squeeeeeeeee!

I'm sure that my breathing will take care of itself, I need to move on.

I have a slew of other things on my checklist to get through.

I've come up with some dos and don'ts for tonight that will help me avoid any of the pratfalls that seem to come my way when I'm within 30 miles of Jennie.

Here we go.

Do be my regular charming and witting self.

Don't try too hard and I mean it this time.

Do think before I speak. It's an amazing concept and one I have made it my mission to master.

Don't bring up Hanbin, for any reason, whatsoever.

Do keep my eye out for any hazards that could cause me bodily harm.

Hmm, that should probably be rule number one.

And the last and probably most important thing I need to remember...

Drum roll please...

Don't fuck this up!

Ah, I think I'm ready to face Jennie now.

"You doing ok in there?" Jennie shouts from the other room.

Squeeeeeeeee!

Jennie in a bikini!

I slap myself a few times and when I feel sufficiently composed I turn the handle on my bedroom door. "You can do this." I whisper quietly before I take the last step and begin my night with Jennie, alone.

I did change by the way, I'm wearing black yoga pants and a white tank top. I thought about putting on something a bit dressier but then I remembered how this tank top shrunk a bit the last time I washed it. It fits me quite snugly and shows off my tan too.