1 - banding

.

- ROSE'S POV -

.

"Now we welcome up, the beautiful and punky girls we know as Girls Like Boys!" The interviewer called us out energetically.

Wow. Smiling, I waved at a few fans as they all smiled back. Our fanbase was honestly the best, actually. They weren't over the top crazy, and the drama was kept to a minimum.. They were all peaceful, if you asked me.

"Hello, ladies I'm Lauren." The interviewer introduces as I nodded.

We all moved around as we sat at the stage, also where all our instruments were set up.

Sitting on my beat box, it was an acoustic show so it would be a complete exaggeration to bring my entire drum set in here.

Although it would be pretty sick.

"Soo.." She motioned, her voice trailing. It was also pretty obvious she had no idea who we were.

"Well I'm Jenna, I'm on the guitar.'' She nods, running a hand through her dip dyed blue hair.

"I'm Rose, and I'm on the drums." I spoke up.

"Cara, and well.. I sing." She poked at the microphone making everyone laugh.

"And I'm Tess, I play bass." She grins.

"So, how does it feel to come this far?" Lauren beamed, obviously having no interest in us at all. You could literally see right through her fake smile.

We all look each other and Cara speaks up.

"It's such a weird feeling actually, seeing we were a bunch of losers about two years ago. People actually want to hear us sing and it's a true pleasure." She was always so serious when she spoke, but all she focused about when she was around us, was watching cartoons and playing Pokemon with Jenna.

"You girls are opening for One Direction tomorrow at Madison Square Garden too! One of the biggest venues in New York. How does that feel?"

"One Direction are cool dudes actually." Tess smiled. "They play way too many pranks though, we've learned that for two months. Sad to see tomorrow's the last show." She sighed.

"Oh my god, yes, Tess! That rhymed, but oh wow. We'll miss them. They were so nice to us." Jen nods, picking up her water bottle and taking a swig from it.

"Really? How nice?"

"They were definitely gentlemen. They'd open doors for us, get us things when we didn't feel like walking.. Yeah."

"I think it's just a British thing." Cara chuckled, making us all laugh.

"So could we just clear up a few rumors then?" Lauren glances at all of us.

Oh god. I already knew what these were about.

Jenna didn't respond as Tess had this look on her face that said Just shoot me.

Cara nods once, as I cleared my throat, fidgeting slightly.

"So, you girls aren't dating anyone from One Direction?"

"Nope." Jenna speaks up bluntly.

"And are you guys starting to become a pop band after touring with 1D as well?"

"Um, we're both completely different bands, and--"

"We despise pop." I cut off Cara, as the fans laugh slightly.

"They're amazing boys, don't get us wrong. We love them to death, and they're pretty cool. We just play the complete opposite types of genres in music and we'd like it to stay that way." Tess shrugged.

Well handled, Tess.

"Alright, now how about Cara. I heard that you were starting to see Luke from Five Seconds of Summer?"

We all begin to laugh, as Cara groaned, spinning in the spinney chair.

"Sorry, but no I haven't." She shakes her head.

"But--"

"Anything else, besides Five Seconds of Summer drama?" I decide to stop it, because I'm sure if we talked some more shit, their fandom they called a family would hunt us down.

And we weren't really looking for anymore drama.

Lauren sighs in defeat. "Well on a more positive note, what do you girls think about the trend, banding?"

"It's brilliant! Banding, like bonding but band bonding." Jenna giggled, making me smile.

"So I guess we're kind of in the middle of banding right now." I motioned, as Cara smiled.

"Who made it up?" Tess asks, tilting her head slightly.

"Actually, the 5SOS boys created the tag on twitter I think. Just basically a band thing they said."

"Oh." I simply say. "Well our new single comes out on iTunes tomorrow who's excited!" I yelled energetically, as the crowd cheers.

Tess smirked at me, as Jenna smiled, shaking her head.

.

.

- LUKE'S POV -

.

"Ugh." Michael groaned, switching tv channels.

"What?" I laugh, plopping onto the couch next to him.

"It's them. That band from Battle of the Bands?"

"I can't believe it was a tie though." I mumbled, remembering exactly how we met them.

"Girls Like Boys? I mean seriously, are they stupid?" Mikey grumbled. "Obviously girls like boys."

.

- CARA'S POV - 

"Five Seconds of Summer. What is that even supposed to mean? Are they stupid?" I grumbled, obviously irritated. "They always thought they were better than us."

"Well they obviously get much more publicity than us.." Jenna sighed. 

"Only because we came in as a close second at Battle of The Bands." Tessa reasoned.

"Battle of The Bands was an amateur contest." Rose shrugged. "And plus, One Direction toured with them first.

"Yeah, exactly. They think they're better than us just because they got to go through all that stuff first. We are just as talented." I huffed.

"Forget them. They were a bunch of shitheads back then anyway." Jenna pursed her lips. "Tomorrow's such a big day, we should be happy right now."

"And yet we aren't. They always manage to ruin things!" I groaned.

"Well we'll have to just move on from it." Tess shrugs. "We should be thankful we don't have anything to do with them anymore."

"Yeah, let's forget about it." Rose waves off. 

We were now in our van that we came in, along with security as I smiled at the sight of fans running down the sidewalks just to follow our van.

"Roll the window down." Jenna smiled, reaching over Tess to do it herself.

"Hi guys!" I yelled, waving as they screamed, waving back.

"We love you girls, so much! We can't wait until tomorrow!" A girl with bright blue hair, kind of like Jenna's dip dyed ends, as I smiled.

"Are you girls coming to the show tomorrow?" Rose beamed.

"Yeah, we bought tickets just for you girls!"

"Oh that's sweet! Thanks," Tess grins, before the light turned green and we once again started to speed down the road.