19 - liar liar

.

TESS' S POV

.

I could hear talking happening above me as I found myself waking up from my slumber. What the hell, I could literally feel the early in the air and I didn't like it at all.

Yawning quietly, I listened into the conversation. Unintentionally of course. Never on purpose..Maybe sometimes.

"Where the hell is she, Cara?!" It was a guy talking, but wait.. It wasn't just any guy. It..

It was Noah. My Noah. Or at least, what I thought used to be my Noah.

I was in my bunk, the curtain all the way closed.

"She isn't here, Noah! She doesn't want to see you okay? Just get it in your head, she cannot see you."

He shook his head. ''If I find out you're lying I'll--"

"And if we find out you're lying about everything else.. I-if you're going behind her back, then hell we'll kill you. Don't you dare even think about hurting her, just because she's been gone for long. Not even that long, Noah! It's been a week ever since we fucking left!"

"Okay. You want to know what I did while she was gone? You really want to know?'' He dryly laughed, this smug look on his face.

This wasn't the Noah I knew.. At least not the gentle and caring one I knew. This was a completely different person.

"One night, I just knew it wouldn't last with Tess and you want to know what happened after that?" He dragged on, Cara silent. I hear her let out a cry.

"Noah you did not.. You didn't!"

I hear another voice come in, it was Rose.

"Woah, what is going on here?" She sounded like she had just gotten up as well.

"Don't get into this, Rose." He rudely said.

"H-he just showed up." Cara weakly spoke.

I held a hand to my mouth, closing my eyes. I kind of already knew what this was going to be about.. I felt guilty, for nothing. Everything, about his mum and a brain tumor was a fucking lie just to get me to feel sorry. Turns out, he's just been with another girl.

"I slept with another girl, okay. I came here myself to admit it. I didn't want to keep it from her."

"This is what you wanted Noah. To lose her so you could go back to the fucking whore you fucked that night!" Rose yelled. "I'm going to kill you, you dare to fucking break her heart again.." She walks right up to him, and shoves him roughly. It didn't affect him at all, but she hits him harder, smacking him in the face. "Fuck you!"

"Where is Tess?" He ignored her, as I felt a warm tear stream down my face. I didn't realize I was actually crying until now.

I hopped out of my bunk, the tears leaving my eyes uncontrollably. My heart silently broke. I felt sorry for nothing at all, because he cheated.. Not like I didn't cheat to, but.. I actually felt sorry for him. I did feel sorry.

"She's right here." My voice cracked, as he turned around, looking shocked.

"I-I didn't know you were here, babe."

"Don't you dare babe me. I.. You lied, about everything just to make me feel sorry. To make me stay with you." I bitterly spoke.

"Isn't that what you wanted?! To be with me?" He shook his head. "Tess, I wanted this to work out!"