9 - simple but effective

A/N: Their outfits are in the picture above/ on the side (: - BritishBums xox

________________________

.

LUKE'S POV

**ABOUT TWO WEEKS LATER**

.

"Does everyone have everything? Michael did you bring those guitar tuners, and the--"

"Lucas." Calum cuts me off. "We've got this, don't even think about it. I mean we've done this before!"

"Yeah, I know but it's with Girls Like Boys, so no we've never done this before." I breathed out.

"Well on the brighter side of things, we perform and go to the VMA's before leaving tomorrow." Ashton reasoned.

"We're killing that award show." Calum grinned.

"Not literally." Michael laughs by himself as I smiled.

"You're a dork." I say, as he looks at me with raised eyebrows.

"That makes the both of us." He replied, as I pretend to cry.

.

.

CARA'S POV

We were all in our van getting ready to go to the VMA's as I bit my lip nervously.

"Don't you guys think we should've wore a dress?" I mumbled.

"Dresses aren't our thing..Are they." Tess chuckled in realization.

The only time I ever wore a dress was to my mom's wedding, but that was a really long time ago so.. I guess it doesn't count.

"Oh well." I chuckled, rolling the wheels of my skateboard with my fingers. "I've got the perfect entrance when they call us up for our award, I'm gonna ride in on my skateboard!"

"Oh my god, I should've brought mine." Tess groaned. "That sounds like a cool idea."

Jenna was constantly reaching up to her beanie to fix it as she smiles at all of us.

"So you never told us where you went, you know, like two weeks ago? You never mentioned it again and--"

"Yeah well I just hung out some place, had some lunch and talked to some people there.." Her voice trails as if she's thinking. "And I just went for a walk around the streets before I went back to the hotel." She shrugged.

"Oh, so--"

"I really don't want to talk about it, I'm sorry." She sighed, looking down at her lap. 

"Yeah, who wants to talk about that stuff, I mean it's a drag." Tess tried to lighten up the mood with a small smile. "What's your next hair color?"

She shrugs, actually getting into thought once again. "Probably purple this time, seeing I've dyed it blue and green already. Oh, then maybe back to blonde with red highlights or something." She grinned. "You know what, I'm dyeing my hair before the tour starts." Jenna told herself, looking out the window.

I chuckled. "Now that's the Jenna we know!" Rose pokes at her playfully as she smiled slightly.

"Well tonight's a huge night for us. Let's savor it." I nodded.

"Oh, sabotage 5SOS is still on, right?" Tess smirked.

"Yeah." I tried not to smirk as well. "Yeah it is."

Let's just say we've got something quite special planned for tonight..

.

***