14 - mess

.

CALUM'S POV

.

"It's actually working? Oh my god this is brilliant." Ashton laughed. "She fell for it?"

"Yes! I was trying so hard not to laugh, and I managed not to and she fell for it." I snickered. "She thinks I care about her, which means I get a hundred bucks.''

"Not yet mate, not until you get her to date you and say the three words. That's when you just break it off right after and tell her it was all just a complete joke, and she was the fool this time around. Let's see how she feels on the other end of the rope." Ashton says. "This will be the best, yet."

"She is so gullible." I chuckled. "How could she even fall for it so easily. She actually thought I cared about her? Honestly, priceless."

"Keep it going though, alright Calum?" Luke smirked. "It's our turn to get even."

"Yeah.'' I smirked.

"Seriously, don't let her out of your sight man. This is pure gold." Michael chuckled. "This will show them."

"Yeah, yeah. I won't. She's already too heartbroken anyway. I don't even have to do much of the work, all I have to say is a couple of words and she thinks I care. Boom."

.

TESS'S POV

.

I couldn't stop smiling as I walked back into the tourbus. It was like this weight was suddenly lifted off of my chest, and it felt like I could fly again.

I had such a crazy time with him.. Calum. Crazy, because it actually made me really, really happy.

Why? Why did he have to make me happy?

I sighed, my smile slightly fading once I realized. I can't. I can't do this, I have to just.. No. But happiness was really all I needed right now.

I'll just see how it goes, I guess.

"Tess!" Cara exclaimed, as my eyes widened.

"Woah, pink hair?" I chuckled. "It looks good on you!" I exclaimed, leaning in for a hug.

"You're okay?" Rose sighed in relief. "Dammit Tess, we were so worried about you."

"Don't leave all of a sudden like that, ever again. You have to tell us where you're off to! Where were you?" Jenna asks.

"I'm okay, don't worry. I.. I was with Calum."

"What?" They all look at me in surprise.

"Calum? As in.."

"Yes, Calum. I know, you guys think this is crazy I--"

"I don't think it's crazy." Jenna tells me. "Guys, I'm sure she has a reason. Hear her out."

I smiled at Jenna, before looking down at my shoes. "I don't know what it was, but he was really nice."

"Nice? Tess.. Everyone can be nice. Noah can too, can't you wait to hear him out or something? It's been a day. Are you really going to move on right after a day?''

Rose was right, though.

"I.. I am waiting. I didn't even do anything with Calum, he just talked to me. Made me less upset about the whole situation I guess."

"Yeah.. That sounds weird. It doesn't sound like Calum at all.'' Cara shrugged.

"Well believe it, because it was. It was a different him, but.. Oh my god, can't I just be happy for awhile? I'll find some way to talk to Noah, and I'll see what happens. Why can't you guys accept that I'm actually happy right now?''