Aela The Huntress- Dragon (c)

Skyrim One Shot

"Oh, for fuck's sake," you exclaimed grabbing your bow from your back.

"Another one?" Aela sighed.

"There's always another," you frowned.

Throughout your travels together across Skyrim, you had come across more than your fair share of dragons, there was always a new one attempting to kill you. It wasn't as if you struggled to kill them anymore, they were more of an annoyance than anything else. You looked up to see the dragon swooping overhead, knowing it would either land of hover above head in a moment to attack, so the two of you had to be ready to fight back.

You prepared yourself with your bow shooting an arrow at the flying demon, hearing it screech as you pierced its tough scales.

"It's time," Aela grinned having her bow ready too as the dragon lowered itself ready for its onslaught.

The two of you did your best to dodge the firing breaths of the creature, luckily your armour took the brunt of the heat as you shot arrows at it. The dragon didn't look like it was going to fly off anytime soon, so you switched to your sword, hitting the creature with the blade at any point you could reach.

"Look out," Aela shouted.

You looked around, noticing the wing swinging towards you. You ducked down at the last possible second, feeling the wing just above your helmet. Without thinking it through, you raised your sword directly upward allowing it to slice through the beast's wing as it cried out in agony.

Aela hit the dragon's long neck with her sword, letting its blood fall as the creature dropped down lifeless finally. You moved away from it as it tumbled down, not wishing to be hit by its collapsing form as its soul was absorbed by yourself. Aela joined you, resting one hand on your shoulder, the other she removed her helmet, revealing her paint and blood coated face and ginger tresses.

"You alright?" She asked, placing her helmet onto the floor, so that she could wipe the blood from her face.

"Yeah, thank you for saving me," you smiled, following suit and taking off your helmet too.

"Anytime. You should know by now the companions lay down their lives for their sword-sisters and sword-brothers. It's hardly a hassle to tell you of some danger," she smiled. "And Y/N, you are my sword-sister, so I wish to keep you safe, and I'd expect the same from you."

You smiled at her. "We fight by each other's side Aela, my aim is to make sure we both get through each fight for the better of Skyrim."

"That is my aim too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.