Deacon- Change (a)

Fallout 4 One Shot

"What can I do for you this time?" Deacon, one of the more regular customers to your establishment sat in the rusted and patched chair, running his hands through his hair and looking himself down in the mirror, indecisive about what changes he wanted to be made to his style.

"I don't know. I'm feeling something new. You do what you think's best, I trust you." He placed his sunglasses next to the various concoctions, gels and waxes that sat just in front of the mirror and rested his head on the back of the chair and waited for you to work whatever magic you decided.

"Well what do you want? You feeling suave, you feeling sexy? I need to know what I'm working with here; Deacon I love you and that's not just because you're in here every two weeks, but I'm no miracle worker you know?" You wrapped the plastic cloak around him and got everything that you needed close to hand.

"Fine, fine." He looked at himself, running his hands along his cheeks and checking himself out from every angle imaginable. "Give me... give me something Minutemen. I want to look like the saviour of these poor, poor souls." He shot you a cocky smirk and a wink through the mirror before returning to his complacent position resting in the chair with his eyes closed.

"You sure? It's gonna take me a while to get everything back to normal if you don't like it."

"Have I ever regretted a decision? You're a miracle worker. With those hands you'd made a better surgeon than half of these so-called doctor's wandering the wasteland. Now come on, I'm not paying you to question my life choices, time is caps... doctor."

"Alright, alright but you know my policy, no refunds. You want a refund you can go and ask diamond city security; see how well they take the fact that half of their precious citizens are synths."

"Yeah well." Deacon struggled to talk as you pulled the synthesized plastic that made up his skin off of the metallic plates of his exterior. "We'll let them live in their little dreamworld, not as if were doing any harm anyway. What they don't know won't hurt 'em."

"That's always true, not like that lard-ass mayor could do anything anyway." From a neatly organised toolbox you pulled out a variety of screwdrivers and other specialised tools. "It's my favourite time now Deacon so shut up, time to swap out that voice box."

~*~

Written by Aaron.