Beca Mitchell- Music (c)

Pitch Perfect One Shot

You'd never been a huge music fan; you'd listen to the radio if someone else had decided to listen to it, but rarely did you ever actively decide to listen to any music. The only music you did enjoy listening to was your girlfriend's singing or her acapella group. Most of the time you didn't know any of the songs that were being sung but nevertheless you enjoyed Beca's voice and the songs that she sung.

Currently Beca was practicing for a Bella's performance that you would be going to so that you could support her. She was taking a lead on this song, and as always, she sounded perfect, not that you knew what the original sounded like. You listened intently as she sung her heart out, you knew that she would do amazingly on the night of the show seen as she was already performing better than you could ever imagine. As the song finished you clapped your hands, trying to be the best possible audience for her even though you were there on your own.

"What did you think?" She questioned, sitting down next to you.

"You sounded amazing Beca," you squealed, wrapping your arms around her. "You sounded better than the original."

As you pulled away, you saw Beca pulling a quizzical expression, a sly smirk curled upon her lips.

"And who sung the original?" She asked.

She knew full well that you didn't know. You couldn't have even said that you had heard the song before let alone to say an artist whom had performed it. There were only a couple of names of modern musicians you could name and there was no real differentiating between them for you, them only being names without any knowledge of what the hell they did to earn their notoriety.

"Um... Beyoncé?" You questioned, picking the name at random of singers you had heard of, having no idea of any of her songs nor if the one Beca was singing was really one of hers.

Beca let out a laugh, knowing that you wouldn't have gotten it correct.

"She was the only remotely modern singer you could name, wasn't she?" She laughed.

You pouted at your girlfriend seen as she was making a joke out of you and your lack of knowledge of music.

"You're teasing me again..." you pouted.

"I'm sorry," she said apologetically, kissing your cheek. "I love you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.