Venus Delmonico- Dinosaur (h)

Nerve One Shot

Pretty much everyone had those kinds of conversations at some ungodly hour in the morning where it didn't always make sense, but it felt as if you were putting the world to rights.

It was whenever you were so tired but for some reason your body just did not want to let you sleep.

Sometimes you had those conversations with yourself and eventually sleep would come, but other times you'd have them with your girlfriend Venus.

The two of you had been friends for about a year before the idea of a relationship had even came up but you were happy with each other and that was all that mattered.

It didn't happen all the time but there were those rare occasions where the two of you would be awake at the exact same ungodly hour of the morning and just not able to sleep for some unknown reason.

You realised that Venus was awake too when you rolled over in bed and she was staring up at the ceiling.

"Can't sleep?"

She turned to you at the sound of your voice.

"I feel like I've barely slept, and I don't even know what time it is."

She laughed as she checked her phone. "It is half past three, and I have been awake for about an hour already."

"Why do our bodies do this to us?"

"They hate sleep and want us to suffer during the day?"

You giggled at her words and nodded in agreement.

"I never really understood how our brains could just not want to switch off whilst we're telling ourselves that we do."

"We're sleep deprived," you stated as you shuffled around under the covers. "And I bet anything we say from now on will be complete and utter gibberish."

She laughed again but nodded. "Why do we have to go to school?"

"Because we need an education."

"Well yeah, but why do we have to learn about like history," she mused to herself. "The history is the past, like shouldn't we be learning about how to make sure the future isn't like the past?"

You started giggling at her words, they weren't especially funny, but the sleep deprivation was getting to you. "If history repeats itself, I am so getting a dinosaur."

She laughed and shook her head. "See! That is exactly why we need to make sure we don't mess up like other people did back then."

"Why can't I have a dinosaur?"

"They're dangerous Love."

"But they're so cute."

She sighed, pulling you into a cuddle. "And this is why we need sleep – you're thinking dinosaurs are cute."

"They are! And how great would they be as guard pets."

Venus started to stroke your hair. "Sleep baby, we'll both be better for it."

"Can I have a dinosaur?"

"Maybe one day Baby," she whispered against your hair before pressing a kiss to the top of your head. "Now let's sleep."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.