Happy Quinn- Fire (c)

Scorpion One Shot

"This really didn't go as planned," you said in a panicked tone, making your way over to the fire extinguisher.

You lifted it up and used the foam to coat and kill the flames that surrounded you and Happy. There wasn't meant to me fire in her garage, but when an experiment didn't go as you wanted it to, anything was likely to happen.

"Is it the fact that everything is on fire, that made you come to that conclusion?" Happy said pointedly, grabbing the other extinguisher to help.

Luckily, it wasn't an uncommon issue of fire so there were more extinguishers than most people would need. However, the two of you had been working on an experiment for the last nine days and something made it combust. You weren't sure what had gone wrong but with the flames that spewed out of it, it was obvious that something wasn't working how you'd first thought it would.

"I'm sorry," you sighed as the final flame was covered, so you could put your extinguisher back down onto the stand against the wall.

"It's not your fault," she frowned. "I didn't work everything out perfectly before we turned it on."

She threw her extinguisher off to the side, grabbing hold of a towel she used to clean up oil but now it was to remove all of the foam that covered what you had been working on and most of the surrounding areas.

"Don't blame yourself," you stated, joining in the mission to get rid of the foam.

"I'm the genius. I should have done the calculations better, I didn't, hence the fire," she said.

You gently held her wrist stopping her from working, well technically cleaning.

"Calm down Happy," you smiled softly. "You may be a genius and it may be a rare occurrence; geniuses do make mistakes. However, we will go back through everything we did, every single calculation to find what went wrong and do it again but better."

She rolled her eyes at you, but with a cock of your eyebrow, she stopped.

"I know I'm thinking emotionally, not logically but give this to me. Every genius will have a hiccup and will have to redo something, maybe once maybe a hundred times, but as long as you learn from a mistake, is it really a mistake?"

"Yes."

"For heaven's sake Happy. Just give me this for once, we're going to try again, and figure out what went wrong," you smiled, losing your will to live.

"Fine."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.