Happy Quinn- Advice (c)

Scorpion One Shot

"That's not enough notice," you said calmly to the prospective client that was talking to you.

You listened to their needs and why it was so important for your team to work for them even if the pay was too little and the time wasn't possible. You tried to argue your point but flinched back every time they spoke, talking over your meek voice. Your lips had begun to move without connecting to your brain; it was unbeknownst to you that you'd even agreed to help them, it being as though some power had overcome you and taken control of you.

Quickly you said your goodbye's and put the phone down on your desk. A sigh escaped your lips.

"Oh snickerdoodles," you frowned, letting yourself collapse onto the desk, groaning at your own idiocy.

"Is something wrong?" You heard your colleague Happy ask.

"I can't handle conflict," you sighed.

You and Happy were like chalk and cheese. You were unable to say anything that was cruel or harsh and were known to be a push over when it came to helping others. It wasn't how you wanted to be, but you had always learnt to be calm and diplomatic, but to such an extent that it usually ended with you being at a loss. Happy was the complete opposite. She didn't care much for being kind or considering other people's feelings, without being spiteful. Being direct was her speciality, she never beat around the bush, being able to get to her point easily and never letting people make her do stuff that she didn't want to.

"We could all tell you that," Happy stated.

"How are you able to be so direct? I tried to tell that woman no, but I ended up letting her pay three thousand dollars less for our services and we'd do it in one day less than she originally wanted," you frowned. "I want to be more like you. Be able to tell people to piss off and not be a dick about things. Well maybe not like that, but actually be able to say no."

Happy rolled her eyes at you.

"I just don't care."

"Pardon?" You asked.

"I don't care what people think, and that isn't something that is good necessarily. You care and that is what is good about you. You just need to realise that what you say doesn't matter too much really. How you feel is valid, and so is what you think, you just need to not lose sight of that," she shrugged.

Happy wasn't great with emotions so she probably didn't realise how much what she said meant to you and was actually insightful, but you graciously thanked her as she went on her way to shout at Toby for messing with her tools.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.