Kate Beckett- Worry (c)

Castle One Shot

"Ryan, Espo, pursue the suspect, Y/S/N is down," Kate called, holding onto you, so she could support you onto the floor, rather than you falling back.

The four of you had been pursuing a suspect of a homicide, however as you chased after him, he was armed, unbeknownst to you. Before any of you could get a shot on him, he had sent a bullet through your shoulder, forcing a loud swear from you as you clutched onto the wound. He had hit just above your bullet proof vest, searing the edge of the material as it entered your body.

Although the force of the shot hadn't sent you to the floor, the blood loss mixed with the pain, made you want to lower yourself to the ground so that you could lie down to reduce the blood flowing from the wound.

Kate clung to you, making it seem as though you were shot in a vital organ rather than in your shoulder. You'd survive, maybe struggle with using that arm for a while, but it wouldn't be the end of the world. Kate however seemed to have missed that memo.

"I'm so sorry Y/N," she whispered leaning in to kiss your forehead.

The two of you had met through work, and although it was frowned upon to have an office romance, as long as it didn't interfere with the job, the two of you were given the Captain's blessings. You had recently become engaged and spent nearly every minute together due to working and living together. She was your life, and you didn't know how you would react if it was the other way around.

"It's not your thought," you smiled softly.

She spoke into her radio, asking for an ambulance for you, and it was said to be with you soon, leaving the two of you on the floor, her hands-on top of your wound to try and reduce blood flow.

"It's going to be okay," she assured you. "It's going to be all okay."

You laughed slightly but winced in pain. "I know Kate."

She gave you a weak smile as you heard the ambulance sirens in the distance.

"I'm sorry. I just don't know what I would do without you," she said softly. "I love you."

"I love you too Kate. But there's no need to worry, it's not my first run in with a bullet. We're just lucky he was a lousy shot."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by