Bonnie Bennett- Hoodies (c)

The Vampire Diaries One Shot

College was a new massive step for you, you'd be getting a higher education and travelling across the country to somewhere that you'd never been before. It was exciting, but it also terrified you to think that you were leaving Mystic Falls and it would be unlikely you'd be back anytime soon due to the distance between your home town and your college. The biggest struggle you were now facing was the fact that you were going to be moving away from your girlfriend and even though you were ready to be apart and were committed to each other, you knew it would inevitably put a strain on your relationship.

Today was the last day you'd see Bonnie for a while. You were moving to Yale tomorrow, and Bonnie was moving up to Whitmore at the weekend. Whitmore wasn't far from home, it was still in Mystic Falls, but Yale was nowhere near your home.

Bonnie had come to your home. Your room was pretty much bare, just filled with boxes and suitcases, ready for the big move tomorrow.

"I got you something," you smiled softly, picking up a gift bag that was amongst your belongings.

Bonnie smiled back at you unzipping her rucksack. "I got you something too."

You handed her the gift bag. It wasn't a fancy bag, you'd had to run to the shop early in the morning as you'd forgotten to get one, but the gift was meaningful, at least between the two of you. Unlike your cheap bag, Bonnie sheepishly handed you an opaque carrier bag.

"Open at the same time?" You offered.

"Okay."

The two of you nodded at the same time, delving into your respective bags. You pulled out a hoodie from your bag, on the back it had Whitmore College in white letters on it. You smiled at Bonnie as she revealed the Yale hoodie that you had gotten her.

"Matching college hoodies," you grinned.

"Great minds think alike."

Bonnie leaned in to kiss you as you both thanked each other for your similar gifts.

"I'm really going to miss you," you whispered, pulling her into a hug and wishing you could never let go of her.

"I'm going to miss you too," she responded. "But we can still talk on the phone or video call and I've already booked my trip to see you in six weeks' time."

"It's going to be a long six weeks."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.