Andrew Paxton- Family (h)

The Proposal One Shot

Everyone would always be so adamant on how Christmas was a time for family, and that family was the most important thing about the holiday season but sometimes it just didn't work out that way.

It wasn't always feasible to get home for a family Christmas nor was it always a comfortable atmosphere.

For the past two years that you had spent Christmas with Andrew, he had spent it with you and your family because he'd not been able to go home to Alaska to see his family.

This year, however, Andrew's parents had arranged a family reunion of sorts for over Christmas, so Andrew was going home.

His Mum had made a point of inviting you too, so it was going to be a strange year for you as you wouldn't be with your family over the holidays.

As you and Andrew were waiting for your luggage to be taken off the plane in Sitka, Andrew pointed out his Mum jumping with a sign causing you to laugh.

Andrew took the cases and groaned as he lifted them. "Why did we bring so many presents?" he questioned you.

"Because it's Christmas and we need to have presents."

He rolled his eyes in a joking fashion before the two of you walked to meet his Mum.

"Hi, it's finally great to meet you in person rather than talking over the phone," you said as you greeted Andrew's Mum.

She pulled you into a hug. "It's lovely to meet you too dear."

As soon as she released you, she went straight to Andrew and squeezed him into a hug.

Soon enough the three of you were driving through to the boat – Andrew had told you enough about his family and the home that he had grown up in, so it wasn't a surprise to you that you needed a boat to get there.

Andrew held his hand out to help you onto the boat so that you didn't fall. "I am capable of getting onto a boat Love."

He chuckled, shaking his head. "Need I remind you when we went on a boat to see Liberty and you stacked it into the water?"

"That was one time!"

Andrew shrugged before leaning over to kiss your cheek. "And it was also our second date."

"Well I must have impressed you then because almost three years later, here we are."

Grace was giggling at the two of you bantering back and forth as she drove the boat.

Once you arrived at the house, you couldn't help but be in awe of the massive Christmas tree they had set up in their living room.

Andrew's Dad, Joe, came into the foyer and chuckled at your expression towards the tree. "Did that all myself," he stated as he held out a hand for you to shake.

"It looks amazing," you answered whilst you shook his hand. "But it's very nice to meet you."

He smiled and nodded in agreement before going to shake Andrew's hand somewhat tensely.

"Thank you again for letting me come here for the holidays," you stated but directed it more towards Grace.

Grace shook her head and dismissed your thanks with a wave of her hand. "It's so lovely to finally have Andrew here for the Christmas season, and having you hear my dear is simply an added bonus."

She led you and Andrew up to the room you'd be staying in and then disappeared down the hallway.

"So, what do you think?"

"It's a nice change of pace for Christmas Day," you stated as he pulled you into his arms.

He pressed a kiss to the top of your head. "Thank you for coming with me, I don't know if I could go a Christmas without you now."

You looked up at him with a smile on his face. "Many more Christmases to come Love, and that just means more time with you."

He chuckled, kissing you properly and then dropping a kiss on your nose also. "I hope you like your Christmas present," he stated with slight concern in his voice.

"If it's the box you've been hiding in your sock drawer for the past two months, then I'm sure I will."

~*~

Written by Hannah.