Preston Garvey- Settlements (a)

Fallout 4 One Shot

"Good work with those settlements Captain." Preston caught your attention from his patrol that led him up and down sanctuary. "We can never have to many Minutemen out here making the world a better place."

"Don't worry about it." You replied, taking off your bag and resting it against a scrapping station. "It was just a two-day trek where I was attacked by Super Mutants, kidnapped by raiders and then almost had all of my supplies taken while I was sleeping by, I presume some junkie raiders. Only to then follow the directions towards the needy soon to be Minutemen, this was through very irradiated marsh water by the way... I may have to lose my leg, only for their very dire situation to be the fact that a spider's nest had appeared on their generator. Not a fifty-foot spider, not a spider with twelve heads and fucking machetes for hands just... normal pre-war house spiders." You could feel your eye twitch and your toes tingle as you spoke, one of which was due to the warming embrace of radiation poisoning. "Preston sometimes I feel like the Minutemen are taken for granted around here."

"No..." Preston objected before starting to search through the bag for any useful nuts and bolts. "Your service to this Commonwealth is unparalleled, for all you know there are hundreds of people out there that owe you their life. There's a good fifteen right here."

"Well, it's nice to be appreciated, especially when times are as tough as they are. Without you there wouldn't be any Minutemen."

"No y/n without you the Minutemen wouldn't be where they are today! Come on sit down, let me get you a nice cold drink. A beer maybe?"

"Yeah... thanks..." He gestured towards a freshly procured and washed sun lounger. "Hey Preston, you're acting a little weird. What's up?"

"Nothing's up. I'm fine, I'm fine." He took a slightly damp and cool towel to your forehead before calling over whoever had some medical experience to look you over.

"Preston... I am your Captain and I order you to tell me. It's okay were the Minutemen, we can sort it out."

"There's another-"

"If you say settlement that needs our help I am NOT going to be happy."

"I told them that you'd be there tomorrow."

"This had better be important."

"Well I mean, it is their last can of beans."

~*~

Written by Aaron.