Jason DiLaurentis- Worry (c)

Pretty Little Liars One Shot

Being kidnapped and held hostage in a dollhouse was the worst time of your life, you feared every second of your time there, no relief coming when you got out. Having the dollhouse emulate your home, your safe places, ruined them for you and stopped you from getting your normal life back. It had been months since you returned home, and you had come along way. You'd managed to sleep through a whole night without waking from your night terrors, could be in your room alone and you had been able to leave the house.

It was all progress and by no means were you back to how you had been before your kidnapping, you were getting there and that meant the world to you. You knew that you wouldn't be anywhere near as functional as you were without the help of your boyfriend Jason. He was always there to support you and make sure everything went smoothly; the only problem was that he didn't accommodate the progress you had made. No matter how well you did, he was still there waiting on your hand and foot, not letting you access the freedoms you needed to become normal again.

As most days entailed, you were at home, laying on the sofa with Jason. You enjoyed the extra time you got with him, but you wished desperately that you could be normal and not such a burden on him. He was dozing off next to you, so you decided you'd grab a book so that you had something to read whilst snuggling up with him.

You went to get onto your feet, but Jason became instantly awake and had clambered up in front of you.

"Where are you going?" He asked. "Do you want something to eat? We can order in pizza. Or do you need a drink?"

"I'm fine Jason," you smiled softly, grateful for his help but you wanted to do stuff for yourself to learn your limits and fight them until you were back as the person you were before everything went to shit.

"Don't strain yourself," he whispered, pulling the blanket back over you. "I just want to help."

You gave him a warm smile. He meant well and he didn't mean to coddle you. You couldn't be annoyed at him for caring, but you wanted to be able to walk upstairs on your own without the need for a chaperone.

"I'm just going to get a book. You don't need to worry about me."

He let out a sigh, giving you an apologetic look. "I'm sorry darling. I don't mean to worry so much, but I am scared I will lose you like that again or worse. I'm really sorry."

"It's okay," you smiled. "Just give me a chance to get back on my feet please. I appreciate that you care but I cannot get better if I don't have a chance."

He nodded his head. You shot him one last smile before leaving the room to go and get your own book.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by