Paige Dineen- Different (c)

Scorpion One Shot

With Agent Gallo off sick from work, the team Scorpion needed a homeland agent to help run the mission they were needed on and keep them in check when they inevitable caused more issues than they were hired to solve before they made good by it. You had never worked with the team before, but you were a senior agent and planned to do best by your job. Of course, you had been told about the troubles that came with working with Scorpion, but you never imagined it all to be so true.

You had barely been in the garage for a couple of hours before you were contemplating killing the whole team. They were all rather annoying and frankly you couldn't have been more excited to get this mission finished and for Cabe to be better so he could take back his job. You were surprised the team hadn't driven him to an early retirement.

The team were preparing to hit the road, but they had an hour to gather everything they would need as supposedly they needed a lot of stuff. You however had nothing to gather so took this as a moment to have a break from the team and sit in their kitchen contemplating the hell that led you to this work.

As you sat in silence, it was broken by a mug being placed in front of you and Paige sitting down opposite you with hers.

"Rough few hours?" She smiled.

"I guess you could say that," you laughed. "They are something else."

She nodded her head. "They take a lot to get used to. They mean well most of the times but actual connection with people may seem impossible sometimes."

"I don't know how you can work with them yet stay sane," you chuckled.

Paige took a sip of her drink before looking thoughtful. She wasn't like the rest of her team; she wasn't a genius but that didn't mean she was any less amazing. She was able to be the connection between their brains and the rest of the world no matter how troublesome that could be. It was an odd job that no one would really be looking for but regardless she was a perfect fit for the team and was the only one that made you feel welcome as a temporary member.

"It is hard sometimes, but you'll get used to it. It's nice to have another non-genius to talk to other than Cabe, there's only so many times we can repeat a point," she shrugged.

"It's admirable work that you do."

"Thank you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.