Tobias Curtis- Psychoanalysis (c)

Scorpion One Shot

You trailed off more points about the person's body language than you would be able to if you were any normal person. You had been told on more than one occasion that you were a mind reader but of course that was just rubbish, instead you just used logic to understand human behaviour in ways that the average human struggled to do even though you found it incredibly easy. Normally anyone that overheard your evaluation of someone considered you weird or wished to avoid you, so when the person beside you was intrigued by it, it threw you off.

"Where did you study?" The man asked.

"Pardon?"

"I've seen people trained in the best possible universities around the world and they aren't able to psychoanalyse someone remotely let alone to that accuracy. I'm a certified genius and I don't get impressed often by people who do what I do, but you have impressed me."

"I didn't go to university."

The man cocked an eyebrow at you, baffled by your answer. You had no idea who he was, but you assumed that he was good at the same thing as you, but you'd never met anyone who could do that before.

"You must have," he stated. "I've never seen anyone like you before, especially not someone who isn't formally trained."

"I've always been able to do it. My family couldn't afford university, so I just had to go on without. It wasn't like I was going to go into a career as a false mind reader," you laughed.

He offered you a warm smile, jutting out his hand at you. "Well I think you could make a career out of it perfectly. I'm Dr Tobias Curtis."

You shook his hand. "Y/N Y/S/N, no doctorate. I also don't think I could make a career out of this. Most people find it weird and intrusive."

"I think I can offer you a place where everyone will still find it weird and intrusive but everything, they do is also weird and intrusive so it's a lose lose really for everyone," he chuckled.

"What have you got a team of geniuses?" You laughed.

Toby nodded his head which took you by surprise. Why the hell would anyone want to have a group of geniuses?

"We are called Scorpion; we work for Homeland. It's a nice place for geniuses to feel accepted and if you can do what I do without any formal education, I think you will fit in perfectly well," he smiled.

"I'll have a think about it," you said softly.

Toby took your hand and wrote out some digits onto the reverse of it.

"If you change your mind."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.