Theo Crain- Baby Shower (c)

The Haunting Of Hill House One Shot

"It wasn't on the calendar," Theo exclaimed.

"It's been on the calendar since we got the invitation, and we got the invitation almost six months ago," you stated.

Theo was lying on the sofa in her underwear and old shirt watching television whilst you were dressed up. Her elder sister was having a baby shower for her first pregnancy and had arranged everything way in ahead as was expected when it came to Shirley. Of course, she invited Theo seen as she was her younger sister and also lived in her guest house but knew you were far more likely to actually remember or not selectively forget.

"I'll send her a card," she shrugged, flicking the television over to another channel.

"I just shaved my fucking legs Theodora," you hissed. "I don't shave my legs ever, but I thought the sight of a woolly mammoth walking in might scare your sister into an early labour. I told you to start getting everything ready whilst I was in the shower and I thought you went in after I did."

She didn't bother looking away from the television. "Yeah I went in the bathroom, but I wasn't showering."

You glared at her. "What the hell were you doing? I thought you were at least showered so you wouldn't be long off ready to go."

"I needed a shit."

That was information you didn't need but at the moment you were too annoyed to tell her that. The baby shower was starting in twenty minutes but seen as you lived across a driveway from the house it was being hosted in, you had no excuse for being late to it- you could hardly claim traffic was an issue.

"Theodora, get your arse in the bedroom, load up on deodorant and just hope that you sister thinks the dead smell is due to living in a mortuary," you frowned.

She let out a reluctant sigh but got up to do as she was told.

"I'm not going to shave my legs," she said.

"We don't have time for that Theo. Just get dressed into something remotely formal and try and sort out the bird's nest on your head."

Theo glared at you as she stalked into the bedroom, throwing her shirt at you as she went. If you didn't completely love this woman you would have throttled her long ago but luckily you did love her. You waited two minutes before following her into the bedroom to make sure she was getting dressed as you wouldn't have put it past her to have just flopped onto the bed and gone back to sleep.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.